Victor dog food smells different?

Saeleofu

I got a new bag of Victor yesterday, and to me it smells kind of...different. It doesn't necessarily smell bad, just different. I have the Yukon Salmon formula, and this time around it smells faintly of catfish bait. There also appear to be two different colors of kibbles? Thing is, their kibbles aren't really consistent, so it's hard to tell if there's a difference. Kibble size seems to change with every bag, and color changes slightly as well (presumably because of variances in the color of the ingredients.)

Ordinarily I wouldn't be concerned, but I fed it last night and this morning, and both times Logan didn't finish his meal. It could be because I've upped his food, but I upped it before I got this bag. Not finishing his food would have been normal for him a year ago, but lately he scarfs it all down in no time. Gavroche is still finishing his food, but it's Gavroche and he doesn't get much anyway.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else feed Victor, and if you've noticed any changes in it. I'm going to contact the company just in case. I'd rather be too cautious than not cautious enough.

Airn

I haven't noticed anything unusual with my food. I just got a new bag today, actually. I got the Ocean Fish so it stinks but I expected that. Kibbles seem fairly consistent. Small, round-ish, brown ;)

Maybe you got a bad bag? I'm not sure.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Last time a food smelled off to me it was Nature's Variety and it was recalled a couple days later. Better safe than sorry.

Can you take it back to the store and get a bag from a different lot code?

Saeleofu

Can you take it back to the store and get a bag from a different lot code?
I don't know. I'm assuming I can, because they'll take back pretty much every food. The question is whether or not they have a different lot number available. They're closed now, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I may stop and pick up some chicken and pumpkin to feed until then.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
definitely try to get a different bag. im so paranoid about kibbles and recalls i practically inspect every kibble before it goes into my dogs bowls :eek:

Saeleofu

I sent the plant manager an email a couple days ago and didn't hear anything, so I just sent the same one to the general manager and president. I'll post on Facebook if I don't hear anything by tonight.

Logan is still just picking at it or downright refusing it, though he readily eats my parents' older bag of the same formula.

Saeleofu

I heard back from the president a couple hours after I sent the email. He said they're going to test the lot, and to take it back to the store and exchange it for a different lot number or formula (or refund for something else, but I really don't want anything different). He said even if the lot turns out to be fine, it might be that one bag is bad for some reason.

Saeleofu

I talked to my coworker who feeds the same formula today, and she got a bag Wednesday and noticed it smelled bad. The feed store got a shipment in with different lot number yesterday so I exchanged it today, and they said it smelled bad too. So at least I'm not the only one that noticed! My coworker is going to exchange hers, too. The company told me that my report was the first one, so another report would probably help.

Members online

No members online now.