Adopted 2 new Furbabies

Hi everyone, just wanted to share that we adopted 2 new furbabies this weekend. They are brothers about 8 years old both missing alot of teeth. They are both yorkies like our little Cocoa so it is so cute seeing all 3 of them follow each other around. The only problem we are having is Cocoa is 6 months old and wants to play and the older boys just want to be lap dogs, so when cocoa gets too playful they growl and snap at her. Any suggestions?? We are trying to keep cocoa busy playing with us so she'll leave the boys alone. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated because my husband is worried about his baby girl....LOL

At some point Cocoa will win them over and they'll have a second chance at youth. Right now I can just imagine them like those two curmudgeonly old Muppets (if you saw the Pizza Hut SuperBowl commercial they were at the end of it), grumbling about "that rude young pup!" :D

Give the two oldsters plenty of breaks from her when she's at her most energetic by keeping her busy playing with a toy or chasing a ball, preferably where they can see it and get interested in what's going on. You'll probably find that before long they are wanting to join in the fun. Yorkies just love to have fun.

Growling and snapping is really just "leave me alone!" and if they haven't actually bitten her yet, it's doubtful they mean to. Besides, didn't you mention in another post that they are both missing most of their teeth?

And, last but certainly not least . . . GOOD ON YOU for rescuing these two characters! Older dogs rarely have a chance of being adopted and that's so sad after they've given the best part of their lives, just to be discarded when they should be cherished and given all the comforts they've earned by their steadfast love and loyalty.

What are their names?

Thanks Renee, we are really working hard and getting everyone their quality time... cocoa's just being jealous and stingy with us. We're working with her. We've actually started taking her into another room when she starts getting puppy wild and play with her by herself and let the boys have the couch, daddy and the t.v. in peace.. lol

Oh, by the way, their names are Houdini and Myles.. We figured Houdini got his name because he escaped the kitchen right over the baby gate to follow my son to the bathroom.. My son was like "oh my goodness" how did you get behind me... LOL

They are really sweet old guys and they are growing on us each day, right now we are just having a hard time with food. Myles started having loose stools last night???

Loose stools can just be a dog's system working itself into a new environment and new food (even if it's much better). I wouldn't worry too much unless it turns into a watery diarrhea or continues for over a week.

It sounds like they're making themselves fit right in, especially Houdini, lol! Before long Cocoa will figure out she's the only girl and will have those two old fella's dancing to her tune - good for all of them!

Members online

No members online now.