Ok you wondeful camera people help me out

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I'm buying a new DSLR.

I currently have a canon DSLR but only one canon lens 50mm (i sold my others a while ago in anticipation of switching to nikon)

I have had some really bad experiences in the past 3 years with canon customer service including lenses being lost that i sent to them for repair.

So my plan was to switch to Nikon.

I'm looking at the D7000. I like the feel of it, controls are nicely placed, the guy in the camera store told me it was at the top end of the entry level cameras (not sure that i can afford above that).

And then i see the Canon 7D which has some great deals on it this weekend along with deals on lenses for it.

So here is my problem i really wanted to go Nikon and i still do but does that canon have lots more to offer me?

I use my camera for a business (all be it a small one at this time of year) portrait stuff, dogs people, maternity shoots those kinds of things.

The canon is about $500 more than the Nikon so does that canon have $500 worth of extras to offer me?

I'm so confused and the camera shop guys talked to me like an idiot.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
7D is *not* a full format camera. If you stick with canon go 5D or Mark ^.

I'm not well versed in Nikon but I do have several professional friends who swear by Nikon.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I shoot Nikon, but I have a bunch of friends with Canon, who love it.

I'm currently coveting the D7000 myself, so I'd go with that one. ;) try and rent both bodies (not at the same time) and see which one you like better.

Members online

No members online now.