New with two GSDs

Hi, I stumbled across this forum doing research on my next dog. I am on a list to get a coolie puppy this summer (the pups are due in July.) I see that there are a few people on here with coolies/koolies :) which is super cool! I am super excited about a coolie puppy!!

Right now I have two German Shepherds. I actively compete in agility and flyball with my boy Odin. My other GSD Havoc was unfortunately recently diagnosed with a herniated disc and lumbosacral stenosis so he's out for any fun sports but I have been doing nose work with him which has been kinda fun to learn.

I would upload some pics of my boys but apparently I'm technologically retarded :)

Xandra

Yay! Another GSD owner! Very cool that you do agility, I've wondered why there aren't more shepherds competing. Sorry to hear about Havoc, but nosework is a noble pursuit as well :cool:

To upload pictures you have to put them up on photobucket, flickr, or a similar site.

You can try this site for now:

http://tinypic.com/?ref

Then just copy the code that starts with

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Hey you wouldn't happen to be that gal with that great GSD that always wows me at trials around here would you? (here as in Alberta here lol)

Don't mind me just being creepy lol.

I will try to upload some pics later:) thanks for the link! Yes GSDs do seem to be pretty rare in agility, even more rare in flyball.

@ MandyPug Yes I think that would be my German Shepherd;) you must be the one with the super cool pug that does agility?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Yup that's my pug lol.

Very cool that you're getting a coolie. They're an interesting breed for sure and having just seen the video of dan's zero the other day, they're nice and fast!

Yes I am super stoked to get a coolie, I've been looking for a while for a breed that would work for me, pretty much everything I looked at had some sort of deal breaker quality. I was super happy to be able to meet Zero, everything I am looking for. (It's just an added bonus he happens to also be super fast:))

FG167

Yay, I have done Flyball with my GSD too, plans to do agility later. I'm also looking at Koolies in my future. What breeders for your dogs? I'm excited about the pics, welcome!

My coolie is coming from Avalon, I know there is some drama regarding her (and all of the other coolie/koolie breeders lol) but so far I have gotten along with her really well and would rather not get involved in the coolie madness;) Fortunately as well, all of the people who own coolies/koolies that I've talked to on facebook have been SUPER nice and all love their dogs! (No matter where they are from.)

As far as breeders for my GSDs quite honestly I would not recommend either of them. Odin is an AMAZING dog but his breeder not so much...and havoc as much as I love him, is kind of a nightmare:)

Welcome to the forum!! Your two GSD's are absolutely stunning!

And also yay for a Coolie puppy!! Avalon produces some really nice dogs, I've always really liked Rumor and a girl on here's friend has Tamlyn who I'm in love with.

Is it the Wagga/Bieber litter? Traveler's father is from a Borahview cross (Cruiser). You hoping for a boy or a girl? Exciting!!

Thanks! My boys think they're pretty handsome lol.

Yes it's the wagga x bieber litter! Very cool, traveler seems like such a cool dog! (I have been creeping your you tube channel and your posts on here;)) I'm really hoping for a girl, actually won't take a male at this point. I do prefer boys but with my current 2 dogs it would be stupid of me to take a male. I'm super nervous that there won't be enough girls though! There's 3 of us on the waiting list for agility females and the breeder wants to keep back a female as well. I am really hoping that its an all girl litter!

Thanks!

Yes it is the wagga x bieber litter. That's cool that they will be distant relatives, traveler seems like such a cool dog! (I have been creeping your you tube channel and posts on here :)) I am hoping for a girl, actually won't take a male. I do prefer males but I know it would be a bad idea to add a male to my house at this point. I'm super nervous that there won't be enough females though! There's 3 of us who want females for agility form this litter and the breeder is hoping to keep a female as well. So I have my fingers and toes crossed for a big litter of girls.

(I tried to reply earlier but it didn't seem to work, sorry of it ends up double posting)

Welcome to the forum!! Your two GSD's are absolutely stunning!

And also yay for a Coolie puppy!! Avalon produces some really nice dogs, I've always really liked Rumor and a girl on here's friend has Tamlyn who I'm in love with.

Is it the Wagga/Bieber litter? Traveler's father is from a Borahview cross (Cruiser). You hoping for a boy or a girl? Exciting!!
Thanks!

Yes it is the wagga x bieber litter. That's cool that they will be distant relatives, traveler seems like such a cool dog! (I have been creeping your you tube channel and posts on here :)) I am hoping for a girl, actually won't take a male. I do prefer males but I know it would be a bad idea to add a male to my house at this point. I'm super nervous that there won't be enough females though! There's 3 of us who want females for agility form this litter and the breeder is hoping to keep a female as well. So I have my fingers and toes crossed for a big litter of girls.

(I tried to reply earlier but it didn't seem to work, sorry of it ends up double posting)

Kootenay

Welcome!

I have spent a ton of time with Tamlyn from Avalon (I'm really good friends with his owner and I do daycare for him), he's a great little dog. I'm sure you'll have a blast with your Coolie!

I have chatted with Tamlyn's owner on facebook, he sounds like such a nice dog. SUPER cute too. It's funny the more coolie people I talk to the more the males sound so similar in temperament to my Odin (which is awesome!) Minus all the GSD territorial/I only have family friends stuff. The females all sound a little spunkier :) Tamlyn really sounds like my ideal dog (like Odin) too bad I can't get a boy. That being said I think a spunky girl will add some much needed zest to my house!

Thanks Red Chrome, he looks similar to your boy, gotta love the dark sables! Havoc is out of Evita and Chuck, here is his pedigree

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=1871949-xtreme-havoc-von-den-hoehenluft

He's not a very happy boy today, he got neutered on Monday. He is currently assaulting everyone in the house with his stupid cone. The only thing worse than a dog in a cone....is Havoc in a cone lol.

Members online

No members online now.