Great Video of some really good dog training

adojrts

Really??? great? not. What kind of idiot puts their dog at risk by downing it within 2ft of traffic, not on the sidewalk but in the road??? To prove the dog is trained? Just because a dog can be off leash doesn't make it impressive in that situation. So congrats, big fail.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Hmm. After the first 4 minutes or so the dog does actually look a lot less stressed. Probably comes out the other side of it better off.

That said, stupid, stupid thing to do. There are plenty of safer places you can show training under distraction and everything shown here would be just as impressive on leash.

Danefied

I'm always suspicious when someone joins a forum without an intro and starts a thread advertising a certain trainer or a certain breed. Even more suspicious when that person joins several forums to do so....

The training isn't that impressive either. Many of here could do the same or more with fewer stress indicators out of the dog. IDK if the dog is stressy because of the environment or because of the training, but either way, if you're advertising the breed, showing a dog stressing isn't good, and if you're advertising the training, showing a dog stressing isn't good...

IDK if the dog is stressy because of the environment or because of the training, but either way, if you're advertising the breed, showing a dog stressing isn't good, and if you're advertising the training, showing a dog stressing isn't good...
I'm suspicious of the training methods from a company called "K9 Control". Sad. Calling a breed "state of the art performance breed" really undermines the individual animal, too. Dogs aren't cars. They're living, feeling animals, for chrissake. People looking to control their state of the art dog should probably just buy a Bugatti and leave the poor animals alone.

Danefied

I'm suspicious of the training methods from a company called "K9 Control". Sad. Calling a breed "state of the art performance breed" really undermines the individual animal, too. Dogs aren't cars. They're living, feeling animals, for chrissake. People looking to control their state of the art dog should probably just buy a Bugatti and leave the poor animals alone.
Your suspicions are well founded. Someone on another forum posted a video from the same company with some crazy over the top leash corrections with pathetically poor timing. Horrible, horrible excuse for training. Ugh...

Your suspicions are well founded. Someone on another forum posted a video from the same company with some crazy over the top leash corrections with pathetically poor timing. Horrible, horrible excuse for training. Ugh...
Oof. I can't wait until that nonsense goes the way of bloodletting and humour imbalance.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I liked when the dog jumped up a little and barked un-requested and the trainer said 'speak!' afterword as if he had cued it. Uh, sure. :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

I liked when the dog jumped up a little and barked un-requested and the trainer said 'speak!' afterword as if he had cued it. Uh, sure. :rolleyes:
Yeah, this too!

Also, Logan could deal with all that without freaking out. But I wouldn't make him, because I'm not willing to get my dog run over in the name of training. Also, I doubt he's lay there as cars pass within inches of his face. He's trained, not stupid :p

Members online

No members online now.