Juno's fabulous breakthrough

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Well, it was a breakthrough for today. I suppose tomorrow she could go back to acting like this never happened.

I've shared on here about how super shy she is about strangers, and she doesn't allow them to get near her. She pretty much always has to be in a martingale because she will try backing out of her collar if she is approached. I hate it.

Today I went with my family and my nephews down to the neighborhood park. Took Juno with so she could run around the empty field the playground is on. There were quite a few other kids at the park. 3 little girls came up to me and asked if they could pet Juno and I reluctantly agreed.... expecting her to try to take off.... but she actually just stood there and wagged her tail and got all wiggly for them. Then she proceeded to flop in the grass and roll around while they scritched her belly. :eek: That is like..... way super uncharacteristic of Juno.

The icing on the cake for me was when the kids took her tug toy, and took turns tugging with her and running around the park with her. And she LOVED every minute of it. Normally I would have been super annoyed by these kids, but I was SOOO happy to see her enjoying it and not caring that they were strangers, and I can only hope this positive interaction is beneficial to her.

It was just.... nice. Such a nice change from my poor sad dog that hates human beings.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Yay for breakthroughs. YOu might find they start happening more and more. Good dog Juno,

MicksMom

:thumbsupsmileyanim: That's wonderful! I know the kind of work it puts into getting through that. WTGs, all the way around!

Members online