What fruits/veggies do you feed your dog?

My guys love stawberries, small amounts of apple, carrots and lately I've ben into low sodium canned green beans (cold) for a snack and boy do they want to share...
I also dehydrate yam slices weekly for them, they're like a nutritious chewy once they're done.
Sophie is really a nut for almonds too.:D I try to sneak into the pantry but no matter where she is in the house...she knows and comes running.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Garlic is a tonic for the digestive tract, digestive aid, helps getting rid of worms, is high in antioxidants, protects the liver, has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties, it is a good immune booster and helps regulate blood sugar.

And all that aside, most dogs really love the flavor, so it makes their food more interesting. :)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Fozzie is definitely the eater of my two. =) He loves almost anything, I can't think of any food item he hasn't turned down. But he especially loves melons - watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. He obsesses over these! He also looves carrots, but he doesn't get a lot of whole veggies in general. Most of their pureed veggie meals are primarily cabbage, kale, other leafy greens, tomatoes, and some carrot/cuccumber.

They both LOVE bananas, hands down! They also get all of the Apples, Pears & Nectarines that get too squishy for us, and they enjoy it :p

Emma will eat anything, so she gets a wide variety of fruits and vedgies. I also give her a raw egg a few times a week with her supper.

Moco is a picky eater, he'll eat some vedgies occasionally but other times he turns his nose up. He usually likes peas, sometimes carrots.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Garlic powder is mostly just a flavoring ingredient. It doesn't have much of the nutritional value of fresh garlic.

CLee

how do you dehydrate the sweet potatoes?

and are they the orange-inside ones? also called 'yams'?

there's so many types of yams... i saw purple ones the other day

tara

Foster LOVES watermelon and eats it like a human, it is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Also, we have a raspberry bush in the backyard and when they're ripe, like now, Foster goes over to the bush and just picks them off ever so gently! At first we were wondering where all the raspberries were going, then one day I noticed foster eating them lol. Also he LOVES carrots.

Brattina88

Maddie will try just about anything. She likes raspberries (she picks her own, and I have to tell her to save some for me!) and watermelon the best, I guess.
Charlie pretty much eats anything I hand him. Even if it isn't edible :D lol
Missy is wary, but is starting to try stuff. She has, however, taught Maddie that crab apples are very fun to play with. They toss them around like a ball, and chew on them a little. To my surprise neither inhale the whole thing, but they chew just about everything but the core.

Are crab apples okay? They find them on walks. Missy litterally snaps them off of low hanging branches (I don't let them pick any off the ground unless I check them over)

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
Lizzie hates all fruits and veggies, so hers have to be pureed. I usually take a bit of baby food and mix it in with her kibble, so she gets sweet potatoe, green peas, squash, spinach (ugh)

Tibbetts will eat any veggie (I train with carrotts because he likes them so much). He likes raw and cooked potato and sweet potato.

When I am cooking veggies I usually make a few extra and put them in his bowl. He doesn't know about it until later because his bowl is in the kitchen and he isn't allowed in there when I am cooking (I've stepped on him too many times). It's funny when he finds them later. He always gives me kisses when he finishes.

I can also get him to eat lettuce (no real nutritional value) and sometimes he will eat raw spinach.

We don't buy any pet store doggie treats. He gets his chow and veggies/fruits. He's older so we do this to maintain a healthy weight.

L

LabBreeder

Tira and Gunner will eat almost anything you give them. Gunner won't eat lettuce, but Tira will. Both enjoy peanut butter covered cucumber slices, green beans, corn (even though they don't chew and it comes out whole), mashed/whole potatoes and peas (at least Tira likes them, Gunner hasn't had any yet.)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sawyer loves apples and bananas and will not leave you alone if you are eating either of them. He also will gnaw on carrots and peas. Before I knew that grapes and raisins were toxic, I would give him one or two of the green ones and he loved those. He was so sad when I found out better.

M

Madilyn's Mom

I've yet to discover what Madilyn won't eat!:D Though we try to avoid giving her too much of anything that we eat----we just can't resist that lil' face sometimes! She likes carrots, peas, lettuce, watermelon, tofu, apples, asparagus, broccoli...basically, anything she sees us eat, she will also eat :)

Members online

No members online now.