Deleted member?

I was looking for posts by SevenSins and it seems like this member's username and account has been deleted; I was wondering why that is?

Saeleofu

That's...strange. Accounts don't usually get deleted for any reason. I mean, there was someone here who had their identity stolen and pictures of their children plastered all over the site and the mods/admin(s) didn't want to delete the offending account.

Did s/he perhaps change the user/display name on the account?

Last edited:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
That's...strange. Accounts don't usually get deleted for any reason. I mean, there was someone here who had their identity stolen and pictures of their children plastered all over the site and they didn't want to delete the offending account.

Did s/he perhaps change the user/display name on the account?
Definitely not. He is wondering why its deleted. (When he was banned, the mods were even saying he is more than welcome to come back in 3 months, etc and so forth).

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
During some of the recent upgrades, one of the issues identified was that the banned user list was approaching 100,000 (mostly spammers on a "permaban"). The extensive list was causing some of the server "meltdowns" we experienced frequently. The admins went about purging the banned user list but accidentally nailed the "temp ban" user list as well. I asked about restoring the three temp banned users and was told that it wasn't possible.

SevenSins is welcome to reregister. I think we are approaching the expiration of his "sentence" anyway.

Thanks for checking in to it Ed. I got SS back, but I liked the "every time I'm banned, add another sin" suggestion on FB. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.