help part 2

dani12

I'm not sure what others have told you but we've had the same problems with our puppies. Sometimes when they bite we squirt them with a spray bottle filled with water. It works for Jedi but Daisy can care less. We've also used a soda can filled with pennies and shake it when they do something we don't like. What works best with Daisy is taking your hand, fingers, toes, whatever she's biting away. Just put your hand behind your back or whatever and they we ignore for a minute. That's what seems to be helping her.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Puppies at 4 weeks old are still trying their boundries their going to nip this is something all puppies do in their litters or with their mum at this age. This pup is far too young to be away from its mum and far to young for you to expect exact results.

Richie12345

Love4Pits said:
Puppies at 4 weeks old are still trying their boundries their going to nip this is something all puppies do in their litters or with their mum at this age. This pup is far too young to be away from its mum and far to young for you to expect exact results.
Expect socialization probs... I wouldn't be too suprised. So where did you get the pup from?

Doberluv

If this pup is still is still 4 weeks old or any age younger than 7 or 8 weeks and if your uncle still has it's littermates, I would definitely take this pup back to spend more time with them. He will not be normal when he grows up if you don't....highly doubtful.

M

Manchesters

This is sickening!!!!!!! But the only way to stop the biting is with the taking of the skin under the chin, shaking the head and telling the pup NO BITE. In a short time the pup knows to keep its little toothies to itself. NOT CRUEL, and very effective.

This puppy should be supplemented with a bottle of formula several times a day. The uncle is...................... substitue any word or phrase that you wish.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Manchesters said:
This puppy should be supplemented with a bottle of formula several times a day. The uncle is...................... substitue any word or phrase that you wish.

a moron? clueless? what kind of words are you looking for :p ok sorry sorry back on topic.

TAKE THE PUP BACK.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Your pup could die and like Richie said will have some socialization problems in the future if you don't take it back now!

Im a breeder i know these things

whisper33

help on biting

not sure how old your pup is, but in any case biting at any age is not good even when its a puppy. Here are some things you can try that are usually pretty succesful. Keep in mind that it will take some time but you should see some improvement or at least aknowledgement that your pup is trying to understand you. Never hit the pup this will only make him fear you, or worse retaliate. When the pup bites, gently grab the dogs lower jaw by placing your hand in his mouth and cupping it like grasping a coffee mug and push down ( a dog can not bite when you do this, because it bites with the lower jaw and not its upper). after pushing down on the jaw firmly say NO BITE! Hold your hand there, eventually the pup will lick you, when he does this congratulate him. Give the pup some time but he will come around. Remeber he is only a weeks old and very eager to please.

Members online