Few random shots.. JRT trial, Foal, Cocker lure coursing..

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I figured I'd have a ton of JRTCC Trial pics.. But since most things all run at the same time, I was actually so busy, and rooting so hard for Cargo that I didn't take many..

This is Sizzle racing. She was having a slow day though. Poor Sizzle.

Kerri won 2 baskets of assorted stuff in the raffle, I won one. Out of hers she had tiny dog outfits. We couldn't help but bother Dekka.

Went out to visit Aria this morning. She would nom my nose, but wouldn't let me get a face shot. She kept pushing her bum into me.

MafiaPrincess

Or the my bucket it yummy.. I'm busy..

Fine then.. I will come nom your nose!

I wanted to pin Cargo's ribbons to his crate.. but he managed to get one of my leashes into his crate from two feet away to chew on it.. My adopted for the day boy placed 1st in racing, 2nd in lure coursing and 5th in ball toss. Seems there are secrets to ball toss no one shared with me till I had played, haha. I had so much fun. I want a jrt just to be able to go play..

MafiaPrincess

Lastly.. everyone was talking about the crazy cockers. Cider was given a chance to race hurdles (alone). She did it and had a blast.. She wouldn't course.. Smudge though is a JRT or a sighthound in disguise. As soon as he saw coursing, he was straining, crying, barking.. I need a better camera as the pics are tiny..

He ran the course twice, stayed pretty on the lure. Had so much fun. I want all breed lure coursing.. Apparently watching his coat fly was awesome JRT people thought he was pretty cool too :)

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I want all breed lure coursing
ME TOOOO!!!! We used to be in a club and Ilsa loved it, but then the club got snooty and kicked out all non-sighthound members. Really made me mad.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
i would love to find a place that did all breed lure coursing...

blossom in her heyday was a wickedly fast dog... she would run down rabbits and kill them (and eat them, and bring them to mommy... YUCK!). Now she's too old but I bet she would have been one of the BEST!

i think popper's mix makes him just right to try lure coursing but what do i know :)

adojrts

Look at Smudge go!!!!!! Good job.

I don't know why some places get so stupid about non-coursing breeds or mixes running.
When I ran jrt fun days, we let anyone have a go at the lure coursing, most dogs love it. I have lots of different breeds or mixes do lure coursing. And there is no training involved, the dogs instinct to chase either kicks in or it doesn't.

MafiaPrincess

I felt a little odd having the 'wrong' breed at a real trial.. But everyone was nice about it, and wanted to see what my kids could do. I felt really included.. The CKC lure trial I went to last year let non sighthounds run after the trial, but Smudge was under 6 months old, and I worried about him getting hurt.

I hear everyone who went to the JRT fun day not that long ago had fun.. wish I'd gone. I will go to the next one though. I always felt weird about not having a terrier..

Seeing how much Smudge loved it, I wish we had more opportunity now.. Not just dying to get titles.. Just being able to do it more often, it's not something you can just go do.. Apparently NAMBR had considered it at one point, but the question was how does the titling system work. I'd like to contemplate that and see if Kerri and other could make something workable.. It was so much fun.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I would LOVE to find an all breed lure coursing event down here. Oz would do really good at it I bet.

Great pictures! I love the one of Cargo in his crate. I WANTS him!

MafiaPrincess

I'm a big Cargo fan. He's pretty darn sweet. I ended up feeding him more little pieces of my dinner last night than my own kids.. Oops. Sadly my parents say no way on this side of h*ll am I getting any more dogs till I move out.

I figure I'm lucky they like my two as much as they do.. And met me turn the yard into a bigger and bigger agility course for them..

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Beautiful little horse and gorgeous dogs! I love the lure coursing pics. It's not very often you see those posted! The JRTs must've had a BLAST.

Dekka

Just try me..
Great pics. Wow if looks could kill we would be dead.. Dekka was not amused.

Cargo would work on your parents if they would ever let him in the door, he is very endearing.

Smudge looked so cool coursing with his coat swishing as he ran. I wish I had got a few pics of the whippety beasts coursing.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Omg Smudge looks great

I know we have lure coursing about 100kms south, only about an hours drive so its clsoe enohg if I had a license. i'd love to get Mac into it. She's built like a whippet only not as fragile looking and is so quick when she gets into chase mode.

I reckon Harry would love it but I don't think his hips would, and I don't think pitting him in high drive then letting him go in a field would be the best idea.

You can't get points unless you have a registered purebred though, I don't understand that, it just makes me mad.

Members online

No members online now.