A wee bit of progress!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
So for the first time since we've had Lucy, I feel like we've FINALLY made a little bit of housebreaking progress!!

First of all I'm kind of surprised that since I've gone back to school, she has had very few accidents. Reason I'm surprised is because I don't know how my mom finds time during the day to take her outside and such...and also because during the summer, my mom never really cared that Lucy wasn't trained, so I kind of assumed she wouldn't watch her too well while I was gone. But she must be doing something right, lol.

ANYWAY...our progress. Just a couple days ago Lucy has finally started ringing the bell! :D Before, she only rang it when I brought her over there. Like, we'd go to the door, and she knew she had to ring the bell then. But it's almost as if she wasn't making the connection that ringing the bell=outside, because she never rang it otherwise.

But now out of nowhere...she's started ringing it. It's not too wonderful yet because she's not ringing it so she can go potty...she just wants to go outside. I don't even care though, I'll let her out every single time she rings that bell if it means she really starts realizing that's how she gets outside (and then she just needs to learn that outside is where she poops, lol)

Pretty lousy considering we've been at this for 5 months. :eek: But I still think it's awesome. It was just so nice to hear that bell ring, and then when I looked, there's Lucy standing there ringing it with her nose. Now that we've gotten to this point, I just hope everything else comes quickly, it's starting to get cold out and bringing her outside is no fun!

Members online

No members online now.