Some fire pictures

xpaeanx

I took these a few weeks ago on a camping trip and just didn't get around to posting them. I was playing with shutter speeds and have something like 300+ fire shots. LOL.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
What were your settings for that last one?

I love shooting fires on low-shutter speeds, you get such interesting pictures. I'm starting to think fires are a bit of a Rorschach test.

xpaeanx

grammy: me too! I LOVE bondfires! :)

zoom: oh lordy, I don't remember. I'll have to plug my memory card back into my camera. I'm pretty sure it saves all that. I know towards the end I was at a slow but not super slow speed.

In anycase, I all those pictures were around the same speed, if not exactly the same(they were close together in the batch).

But I think the main difference is what was.... um... er.... "done" to the fire.... the first ones were pictures of logs being hit with a stick.... later on in the night we starting spitting rum and such into the fire........

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Haha, that's when you know things are going well!

At least no one accidentally dropped their lighter in your fire. :rolleyes: We kind of had to vacate back to a safe distance until it exploded.

xpaeanx

yeah... that's bad. I hope it was an accident.

I know a friend of mine used to go sky diving upstate at the ranch years ago.... apparently someone threw live rounds into the fire. :rolleyes: some people should be fixed so they don't pass on their bright ideas.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh it was. I was sitting right there...the girl was talking and made some sort of gesture right after she lit her cigarette and the lighter just went "whee!" right into the fire.

Members online

No members online now.