SHawnee Dog Park

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This dog park is set up so well. I feel the size is a great reason why we always have a wonderful time. 55 acres with different terrians, enough to please any dog. THere are wooded trails on both sides if this bath. The main trail leads down to the beach on the lake. They are putting in handicap access with a lovely concrete walk that winds through out. I wish ALL dog parks could be like this.
Best_view_dog_park - Dog and Puppy Pictures
mary_and_Hyia_on_the_beach - Dog and Puppy Pictures
views of our dog park - Dog and Puppy Pictures
EAch time we go PEpper goes in a little deeper! Maybe by summer she will be a swimmer. I am letting her take it at her own pace.
R1-_9 - Dog and Puppy Pictures

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
that's a beautiful park. Ours is quite small and very limited. It is enough to let the dogs stretch their legs and run though.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think size has a lot to do with the success we have had. I have been going for 7 years now and i have never had a bad experience. I love how PEpper always finds someone her size to hang out with, It never fails. THe little pug was trying so hard to impress her.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I do miss that park...the ones out here are all tiny, full of dust and rocks and just...small and boring. I guess there are some better ones a ways from here, I just haven't made it out that far.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOu come any time MHMR! That would be awesome. TEmpie would fall in love with the beach! They use to have large rocks that made it very hard for Mary. THey have since taken those all out and made a gradiated bricked shore that makes it soooo much nicer. Mary is able to walk along the whole shoreline without hurting her toes or her legs. She can also stand where the water is deeper if she isn't up to swimming. Before she had to find her way out and then swim hard. Deffiantly Geriatric dog friendly now.

WE miss you too Zoomer. Couldn't drum up anybody to go with us this day. It ended up being a rare day when there were very few dogs there. Not quite the same without Sawyer.

I do wish Victor would not find what he has rolled in the last two times we have gone. IT took several soapings to get that off. WE gagged all the way home. I used a lot of creme rinse to cover it up and it was still faint when we got to the Special Olympics today, but no one seemed to notice.

Barb04

Super Moderator
The park looks really nice for dogs as well as for people to walk around.

Members online

No members online now.