stressfree toenail trimming

elegy

overdogged
i really really really really really wish more people would be motivated enough to teach their dogs to accept nail trimming. it sure would make my life as a vet tech a whole lot easier. instead, we have to rely on restraint, muzzles, and sedatives to accomplish it with many dogs. it's ridiculous.

mushroom would fight and mouth over nail trims when i first had him. now he lays on his side and allows me to trim all his nails without a hassle. he doesn't *like* it, but he knows the routine and that there will be cookies involved. it really wasn't that hard to teach him, it just required that i actually make the effort and do it.

Xerxes

Mr Poopy
I worked with my boy alot...heck if he comes into the bathroom while I'm "occupied" I'll pull up a paw and start trimming. He doesn't seem to mind.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
i really really really really really wish more people would be motivated enough to teach their dogs to accept nail trimming. it sure would make my life as a vet tech a whole lot easier. instead, we have to rely on restraint, muzzles, and sedatives to accomplish it with many dogs. it's ridiculous.

mushroom would fight and mouth over nail trims when i first had him. now he lays on his side and allows me to trim all his nails without a hassle. he doesn't *like* it, but he knows the routine and that there will be cookies involved. it really wasn't that hard to teach him, it just required that i actually make the effort and do it.
Baxter hated it too--but I pretty much did what the article says..and it works. He doesn't like it, but we get it done!

Members online

No members online now.