More Pics- 11 Months Old

DanL

Here are some new ones of Gunnar. He was 11 months on 1/10.

PLEASE Play with me!

His favorite bird.

The Eyes

DanL

Just hanging around

Midnite the Queen, our 12 year old Black GSD/ Golden Retriever mix

Bruzer- "If I close my eyes it will go away"

R

RedyreRottweilers

OH god. I spit on my monitor on that last one.

How darling.

:D:D:D

*wiping monitor now*

Debi

he is absolutely gorgeous, Dan!!!!!! LOVE the 'eyes' pic...melts my heart. the look on Midnite's face is one I've often seen Addie give Ham. (kinda like...yeah, kid..go play somewhere else) :) she is beautiful. but OH MY...is Bruzer the sweetest!!! that pic IS sooooo good.

DanL

:) thanks everyone. Debi, he tries so hard to get her to play. We torture him- if you throw his toy to her while she's on that bed, he won't go and get it. She'll tease him by laying on it and pretending he's not there, even though he's yipping at her and trying to get her attention. He will also grab the bed and try to pull it out from under her to get her to stand up so he can grab the toy. But he will NOT reach in and get it. You can tell who's boss. She really puts him in his place at times but he still goes back to try and get her to play. When we're outside playing ball, she will be watching, then all of a sudden rush him, and then they tear around the yard. She can't keep up so he'll run back at her and dodge away at the last second. If he doesn't pay attention, she'll get him. He was watching me, getting ready to chase the ball, and she came up and bit him right on the butt, HARD! He turned around and really gave it to her- not his usual bark. Teeth showing, and an intensity I've never seen from him. She actually backed down, which she never does. Usually she just has to show her teeth and growl a little and he will submit- put his head down, sort of nose at her, lay down at her feet. Their interactions as he gets older and bigger/stronger are interesting. You can clearly see a power struggle developing but I think she'll be boss for a long time. Feeding time is funny too. If she finishes 1st, she'll watch him, then run at him to try to get him to drop his bones. He'll run to a new place, and she'll nose around for scraps he may have left, then rush him again. I try to let them eat in peace so I'll call her in, but it's funny how she goes about things. The wise old lady!

Giny

Gunner sure is a handsome boy! All your pet are adorable and Bruzer with his eyes shut that way is priceless.

Debi

DanL said:
:) thanks everyone. Debi, he tries so hard to get her to play. We torture him- if you throw his toy to her while she's on that bed, he won't go and get it. She'll tease him by laying on it and pretending he's not there, even though he's yipping at her and trying to get her attention. He will also grab the bed and try to pull it out from under her to get her to stand up so he can grab the toy. But he will NOT reach in and get it. You can tell who's boss. She really puts him in his place at times but he still goes back to try and get her to play. When we're outside playing ball, she will be watching, then all of a sudden rush him, and then they tear around the yard. She can't keep up so he'll run back at her and dodge away at the last second. If he doesn't pay attention, she'll get him. He was watching me, getting ready to chase the ball, and she came up and bit him right on the butt, HARD! He turned around and really gave it to her- not his usual bark. Teeth showing, and an intensity I've never seen from him. She actually backed down, which she never does. Usually she just has to show her teeth and growl a little and he will submit- put his head down, sort of nose at her, lay down at her feet. Their interactions as he gets older and bigger/stronger are interesting. You can clearly see a power struggle developing but I think she'll be boss for a long time. Feeding time is funny too. If she finishes 1st, she'll watch him, then run at him to try to get him to drop his bones. He'll run to a new place, and she'll nose around for scraps he may have left, then rush him again. I try to let them eat in peace so I'll call her in, but it's funny how she goes about things. The wise old lady!
LOL soooo familiar. Ham NEVER questions Addie..she is BOSS with a capitol B. :) he started to try to be boss, but after he was neutered...she remains in total control. sometimes I feel sorry for him...she can be quite the little crank! he would let her eat all his dinner, but would never step over to her side near her dish. meanwhile, he could crush her with one snap...but who is on the ground??? HIM. he does win sometimes...like after dinner, he gets 'THE' place between us on the bed while we have tea and watch the news, she lays on the bottom. he also gets the spot on the futon nearest me when I'm on the computer........but that's mostly cause he'll cry, and she gets disgusted. lol otherwise...this is Ms. Addie's domain. funny! :)

Those are wonderful pictures!!! Gunnar's looking so great!!

What is it about the women always being in charge? LOL Here even though Bonnie is new she's deffinately head honcho. Every now and then OC tries to nudge her into playing by smacking her with his paw or nosing-bumping her but after a short while she just gives a low growl and he backs off and seeks me for shelter LOL

Members online

No members online now.