Fall Break

ACooper

The boys have a four day weekend for fall break this coming week starting Thursday. We are going a couple towns over, staying a couple nights in a hotel, swimming/hot tub/sauna, bringing some games for the hotel, and touring a small art museum. Just some basic family time that ISN'T at home :)

(daughter will be having quality time with Orson, LOL)

All you students and (or) parents out there.....got any plans for fall break? Or if your fall break is over (like my college daughter) did you do anything you'd like to share?

milos_mommy

...I didn't know there WAS a fall break, aside from thanksgiving. But the first week in October we made our own break and went to Orlando with my parents, and stepsister met us from Ireland and got to meet Lillian. Spent a day at seaworld and a day at Epcot and plenty of time by the hotel pools :)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I didn't know there was a fall break either. We haven't gone anywhere this fal. Fall is
Our insane busy time and all funds are
Going towards Disney in January :)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
no fall break here--must be here in the northeast, since we start school in Sept. that the break times differ. Your kids started in August, didn't they Coop??
Sounds like it will be a fun time!

CaliTerp07

No fall break in Virginia or California either. Our first quarter ends in two weeks, so I'm counting down to that milestone. It's been a looong nine weeks!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
The entire state had this Thurs/Fri off, and the school district here had the whole week off. Makes me pretty jealous, I want a week off :p We never did anything fun over the break when I was a kid. Not having school was awesome enough!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We homeschool so break is whenever we schedule it

But Hannah LOVES staying in hotels LOL. It is like the highlight of her life LOL. She loves road trips when we stay in a hotel... Just like me. I don't know what it is about staying in a hotel room/resort room but I love it and so does she.

ACooper

Really? No fall break in most areas? Huh...did not realize that, guess it's been too long since I attended school out of N. Indiana, LOL

no fall break here--must be here in the northeast, since we start school in Sept. that the break times differ. Your kids started in August, didn't they Coop??
Sounds like it will be a fun time!
We did (do) start the end of August....August 20th this year to be exact. What is called "Fall Break" here marks the end of the first 9 weeks grading period and it isn't a big break, just a long weekend. For the boys this year (public school in our district) it's Thurs/Fri....for my daughter at college....Purdue North Central... it was this past Mon/Tue.

Honestly, I think it's meant for the teachers more than the students! LOL Then it's only a month to Thanksgiving.....which we get WED/THUR/FRI off again this year! "Back in my day" (hehe) we only got Thur/Fri!

I remember fall break, and my mom is a teacher and she has one too. Maybe it's an Indiana thing?
Hooray for fellow Hoosiers so I don't appear too crazy! LOL

CaliTerp07

What is called "Fall Break" here marks the end of the first 9 weeks grading period and it isn't a big break, just a long weekend. For the boys this year (public school in our district) it's Thurs/Fri....for my daughter at college....Purdue North Central... it was this past Mon/Tue.
Oooh...the kids definitely get two days off at the end of the quarter here, but it's not a break for staff. I have meetings and trainings and am required to have all my evaluations and grades submitted during those days off. I still have to be at school during normal hours.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
we get different days also

at the end of each nine weeks we get a half day for parnet teachers conference and usually the next day is off and called a "Staff development "day.

this nine weeks the day is being held over until the day after Halloween. the teachers wanted it off more than the day after conferences.

we get a week for thanksgiving though and they call that fall break.
then 2 weeks for christmas

CaliTerp07

we get a week for thanksgiving though and they call that fall break.
then 2 weeks for christmas
Oooh, jealous! We get 2 days at Thanksgiving and the 23rd-1st off for Christmas. Amazingly, they gave us the thursday and friday off this year too, so we have 2 weeks off at Christmas for the first time in a looooooooong time! I am so giddy, I booked a big ol' vacation to use up that time :)

Members online

No members online now.