Here is a pic of my dog, I miss him

Here is a picture of my shih tzu. He died in May 2004 at the age of 13.

He looks happy & healthy in this pic. I have other pics of his final days and he looks really sick. I may post those another day if anyone is interested. We had to euthanize him, he developed a heart problem & his health rapidly deteriorated. In his final days he lost interest in eating & began to have seizures/strokes. I cuped his head in my hands as he died... our eyes were locked. It's been about 7 months since he died, and I have thought of him every single day since then. I miss the little man so much!

Last edited:

Kathy74

I'm so sorry for your loss. This must be difficult for you with the holidays coming up. He was a very handsome boy. How lucky he was to pass on looking into the eyes of someone who loved him so much!

What a darling little sweetheart! How much you must miss him. One of these days (if you haven't already), you'll look into the eyes of another pup and you'll see that this is the one your darling has sent to make you smile again.

I held my Bear (all 100+ pounds of him) in my arms as he died, and although it hurt terribly to see him slip away, I will always be grateful that I was with him at the end. I've had to be there when our Big had to be euthanized, and one of our cats, Gulliver, looking into their eyes as the last lights dimmed and went out. To this day I can't think about it without copious tears. But I am thankful I was with them to the end.

What is your dog's name?

roni

K-9 lover ;)
How sad...I feel your pain. I lost Rudy in June 2004 and I miss him so much. I have a new baby now BUT I still miss rudy so much. I had to have him put to sleep after a long battle with cancer. We even had the tumor that was in his inner ear canal removed but it came back. He hung on so long just for me. I am so thankful that I had 15 years with him AND I will see him again! You will see your baby again too. I hope that you get another one. You wouldn't believe how much it helps. I wasn't going to get anymore animals, but I am so glad that I did. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your kind words! It really means a lot. I havent gotten another dog yet, just because I work long hours & so does my roommate so I dont think it'd be fair to get a pup if I didnt have time for it. I DEFINITELY have plans to get another... until then I'll volunteer at the animal shelter and get my doggie fix that way! His name was Wicket.

Here are a couple pics of him as a sick pup:

sleeping in his bed, he slept a lot in the end.

His tail was down, when he was healthy he held it up.

We put chicken broth in with his food. He looked at it, then looked at my mother like "what do you want me to do?"
He looks really skinny & old here :(

:(

Awww...Im so sry... :( ....

I know What it feels like to loose someone close to you, i lost my best friend about 4 months ago, She was my dog Kody, i miss Her so much!!! :(

But your dog is so cute! She had a good life, i can tell :)

Members online

No members online now.