Help me find a car!

But have you looked at the kia souls? They have good reviews and you can get a great deal on them. Loads of room in a tiny package.
My younger brother has a Kia Soul that he bought new in late 2011. He had some issues with the transmission, but once the dealership had that fixed (which I hear was a battle to get them to do) he said it is a great little car. But, I was talking to him about it because a coworker of mine was looking at them, he doesn't think the back seat would be big enough for her 3 kids (6, 5, & 1.5).

Taqroy

Taqroy thanks for the thread. With my current car issues, I'm doing the whole car search thing, long term plans have me looking at similar requirements.
:) I hope you can find something too! Glad this thread is helping other people.

I love the matrix!

But have you looked at the kia souls? They have good reviews and you can get a great deal on them. Loads of room in a tiny package.

The Mitsubishi rvrs are amazing. Like my dream dog shlepping vehicle!

Lots of good suggestions in here!
I haaate the commercials for the Kia Souls (not that I should base my future car on their commercials but...they make it hard lol). I'm going to take a better look at them but I'm not sure the backseat would hold two carseats very well. Apparently the RVR's are called Outlanders here? They look huuuge with shockingly good mpgs! Thanks for the suggestions!

I went up and saw Zoom on Saturday and test drove a new Outback. <3 So nice. So expensive.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Kia's look/work great for about the first 11 months of the vehicle, then you're hosed. And if you go even 5 miles over your scheduled oil change, you can forget about ANYTHING being covered under their "best ever 10 year/100K warranty". :rolleyes:

Mitsubishi is pulling out of the American market sometime next year, so keep that in mind for anyone looking to buy one. It's going to get very difficult and very expensive to find parts.

Dekka

Just try me..
Kia's look/work great for about the first 11 months of the vehicle, then you're hosed. And if you go even 5 miles over your scheduled oil change, you can forget about ANYTHING being covered under their "best ever 10 year/100K warranty". :rolleyes:

Mitsubishi is pulling out of the American market sometime next year, so keep that in mind for anyone looking to buy one. It's going to get very difficult and very expensive to find parts.
I drive a kia now. It was lucky to get oil changes at all when I was in school, it frequently went WAY over. Heck it pulled a trailer (its a rio) all through the eastern us and over mountains. etc. Its a 2003 and even with minimal or next to no proper maintenance it still starts no problem even with the huge cold snaps we have been having. (it does have some issues, but it runs)

I know some people don't like them. Thats ok. BUT I know lots of people who do. And while not all models of kia cars have good reviews, some have great reviews on reliability and safety. My afore mentioned father who worked for mazda and toyota is a big fan of souls.

Yes mitsubishi is pulling out. I was hoping that would drop some of the prices on the used rvrs, no such luck :(.

Dekka

Just try me..
My younger brother has a Kia Soul that he bought new in late 2011. He had some issues with the transmission, but once the dealership had that fixed (which I hear was a battle to get them to do) he said it is a great little car. But, I was talking to him about it because a coworker of mine was looking at them, he doesn't think the back seat would be big enough for her 3 kids (6, 5, & 1.5).
I don't know, its wider than my current car which has fit 3 adults in the back.. but it was cozy :D. I think it would easily fit 2 car seats not sure about 3 kids as they grow.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I don't know, its wider than my current car which has fit 3 adults in the back.. but it was cozy :D. I think it would easily fit 2 car seats not sure about 3 kids as they grow.
Might fit 2 carseats, but not with dogs crated in the back - my friend with BCs has a Soul and has the rear seats folded down all the time to leave room for her crate.

What about a Nissan Rouge? They are in my top 3 (rav4, Forester, & rouge) that i want to check out

Zoom - Opinions on the size for the Subaru XV Crosstrek?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.