Babyblue!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Good and Bad.

She's definitely coming out of her shell in the house a little bit, at least with me. lol And though that IS a good thing, it's making other problems she has more noticeable. Like her fear of people. She's afraid of anyone that she doesn't know, and she barks/growls at them on walks now. In the shelter she'd cower and shake and be generally scared, but no barking/growling. I think now that she's not in such a chaotic environment she's starting to "voice" her feelings a bit more. lol

Worse, she barks/growls at my brother if he walks into the room and at one of my two roommates. The one with Pog she seems to do OK with, but the other one she doesn't see as often. But with my brother and Roommate we are doing the "treat drop" thing wiht her. Where they drop/toss a treat in her general direction. And she LOVES chicken! lol So that's what we are using. With my brother he's here often enough to work with that, but my roommate doesn't really want to bother with her. :rolleyes: so that's a bit trickier. But we'll get it worked on, I already see improvement with my brother! :)

Haven't tried other dogs yet. I'm trying to find someone with a friendly dog to see how she does (I'm thinking Patches, one of the dogs I house-sit for, would be really good cause he's uber friendly lol). But that will have to wait for a bit, I'm going to talk to them Sunday and see if we could set something up.

Other than that (Which I would consider that her Main issue at this point) she's got the general, not trained, adolescence stuff. Pulling on leash, jumping on me (only me so far lol), etc. NO house-soiling yet! yay! But still, I've been taking her out as much as possible (which at most she's alone 3 hours at one point while I'm at work and my brother bribes her to walk outside with him to go potty).

I haven't gotten a crate though. As long as I keep my room clean she seems to do fine in there. I tried the crate at the HS, but she hates it so much. To the point I'd be afraid she'd hurt herself, so I won't work on that yet. Maybe at some point when she's more comfortable here if I ever do get a crate, but not right now.

Um, hmm.........She HATES the camera! I pulled it out yesterday to see how she'd react, nope. She ran and crawled under my bed. lol We'll work on it ;)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's not too bad though! All workable stuff...I hope she continues to be ok uncrated...

Give her time with the camera! Virgo used to despise my camera...I just kept taking pictures, praising and treating and while it's not her favorite thing, she at least will look at the camera now!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
That's not too bad though! All workable stuff...I hope she continues to be ok uncrated...

Give her time with the camera! Virgo used to despise my camera...I just kept taking pictures, praising and treating and while it's not her favorite thing, she at least will look at the camera now!
HAHA! I'd settle for looking away but not running! ;) lol

Yup :) All very workable, and that's what we are doing. No real "aggression" yet, so I'm happy and no potty issues which I'm very happy about as well!

I'm just so busy now. I'm so glad this weeks over! Between Work, School, my brother, Rizzo, and the rest of Life things, I'm so busy. I've got NO time to get on here. Everytime I tried to come see this place I had to go do something else. :/ Oh well, I'll be around on the weekends then! :)

Huh, speak of the devil. I've gotta go, my brothers B-day was the 27th (2 days ago) and I've gotta get hima present for his B-day party Sunday. O

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
it takes so long before a person can really see what they are about. I was thinking watching pepperpot today that she is FINALLY starting to act like a happy dog. Her ears relaxed, her tail wagging as much as my dogs do. SHe joins in instead of watching me from across the room...she sure makes sure she is under my left arm at bedtime. IT has taken a month. I am lucky that she didn't have any issues in the growling dept for that would have been a quick exit out of here. I Coudlnt' have risked having a dog like that around Hyia. Agression issues are huge and i understand fully what you are working with. I am sure you will follow your instincts.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Give her some time with the growling and barking, and keep doing what you're doing with your brother. As long as your roomie doesn't harm her, she should get used to her in time. When I brought Zaphod home he was dead set on destroying anyone that wasn't me, and he especially liked to be a jerk to my dad, but with time and a tiny bit of cooperation on my dad's part, they became comfortable with each other. And now, gosh Zap is one of the popular kids at the dog park, he's amazing with other dogs and very polite to people.

It's taken nearly 2 months for me to see what Zaphod is all about! These broken soul types expose their personality in layers and come out of their shell slowly. So I think only time will tell with Rizzo. :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Give her some time with the growling and barking, and keep doing what you're doing with your brother. As long as your roomie doesn't harm her, she should get used to her in time. When I brought Zaphod home he was dead set on destroying anyone that wasn't me, and he especially liked to be a jerk to my dad, but with time and a tiny bit of cooperation on my dad's part, they became comfortable with each other. And now, gosh Zap is one of the popular kids at the dog park, he's amazing with other dogs and very polite to people.

It's taken nearly 2 months for me to see what Zaphod is all about! These broken soul types expose their personality in layers and come out of their shell slowly. So I think only time will tell with Rizzo. :)
I'm sure it will :) Hopefully she's like Zap and comes out of her shell eventually! I don't care if she doesn't love everyone, but she has to at least keep her feelings to herself and contain them. lol No growling barking. ;)

I'm sure we will get through this! :)

Members online