Multiple Dog Owners Again...

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
How many dogs do you have?
Three - two Dobermans and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what?

Nope, just the dags.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)
They are either in their crates when I'm gone, or the two dobes are loose.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)
All three start out in bed, but Ada sometimes gets banished to her crate due to her mischief, and Ronin usually goes to sleep on his own dog bed by his own choice after awhile.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)
All three are fed right next to each other - different bowls, but all on the same rug in the kitchen. Each has their own bowl though, and they know better than to stick their snozzes in the others' bowls!

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?
Of course!

Did you plan to get this many?

I always knew I wanted more than one dog, but I didn't expect to get #2 (and #3) so soon. Ronin just sort of fell into my lap, and it's been snowballing from there... ;)

How many dogs do you have? Five

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Chickens, Cats, Guinea pigs, hamsters, horse, rat, mouse, Cockateils,fish

Where are your dogs beinging kept? They have free range of the house and yard, but they know their boundaries. They are not allowed in the kitchen or bathroom

How's the sleeping arrangement? The Dachshunds (sadie,bailey,buster and gus) sleep in their dog beds in the bathroom at night, and Lily (labweiler) sleeps in my room on the Footon
How's the feeding arrangement? They eat twice a day from community bowl that is always filled. They have been eating like this for years and do not over eat or gorge themselves till they pop, EVER
Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Maybe in the future, but I highly doubt it

Did you plan to get this many? Not at all. It all kinda just... happened

Paige

Let it be
How many dogs do you have? I have three.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Three rats, a horse

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Miley goes in a crate when I am not home with her, Spanky in his room (it's actually the laundry room but don't tell him!), and Bandit goes in my room. ({{THIS MEANS WHEN I AM NOT HOME... if I'm home they are right beside me usually out in the yard goofing off}}})

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) I sleep at the bottom of a dog pile. It tends to go: Me at the bottom, Bandit sleeping on me, Spanky sleeping on Bandit and little Miley plopped on top of the heap.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Eat at specific times all in different rooms with their own dishes. Spanky and Bandit DO NOT get along when food is involved. To avoid fights this is how it has to be done.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? God no! Three is the number I like. If Miley gets a home for Christmas (which would be wicked if it all works out) then in about 5 years if life is going good I'd love to add another dog. If she doesn't and I land up keeping her no more dogs for me.

No. They were all surprises that I did not want. I took in Spanky with the intent on keeping him but the other two came into my home with my goal to rehome them. I gave up on rehoming Bandit last year. Mile... we'll see.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
How many dogs do you have? 2

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? Just my Mom's cat, Lola. And a lot of Bettas!

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) In the house... where ever we are, usually.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Both in my room, or if I'm not home, in my sister's room.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, or in the backyard for certain RMBs, twice a day.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Hopefully!

Did you plan to get this many? Yes. I planned for months & months & months!

How many dogs do you have?12

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what?Yes, I have 22 cats,24 rats,6 Syrian hamster (one pregnant),2 dwarf hamsters (1 with babies),4 mice,3 leopard geckos,2 hermit crabs,1 three toed box turtle,1 red eared slider,1 gerbil, and fish (I do rodent rescue..so my numbers increase and decrease randomly all the time)

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)In our current house they are in my moms room and the backyard during the day, at night they are in my moms room and my room. In the new house we are moving in In February, they will have the family room, the upstairs bedrooms (Me and my mom's rooms), and the entire backyard.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)At night 7 are with my mom in her BED, and my 5 are in my room in my bed.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)We free feed. Their feeder is on the floor in my mom's room (in the new house it will be on the floor in the family room near the doors to the backyard).

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?NO way lol. 12 is our limit now. And at some point we won't go over 4-5 again.

Did you plan to get this many?No. When I was younger we always had 2 dogs at a time. And then we got up to 5. Then 2 were killed by a rescue husky, and she was put down putting us at 3. Then we got two more in close proximity of each other bringing us to 5 again. We had 5 for 3 years. Then it got up to 12.

mrose_s

BusterLove

four

yes, 1 other cat, 5 fish and 2 lizards

when we are out Mac and Harry are split up and mixed with the other 2 so they have a partner each, one pair stays out the back, the other pair goes in the garage.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?)

Harry/Sophie in the garage. Buster in my bed, Mac in my sisters bed.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?)

Each have their own bowl, in their own place especially situated around th egarage to prevent possessiveness or fights

lol probably not, maybe.

no.. mother kept brining blue dogs home! she swore she'd never have another working dog and both the blueboys are the 2 she rescued and brough home

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
How many dogs do you have? 5

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? I've got 2 rabbits, 2 cats, the five dogs, all in the house, then 10 horses, god knows how many goats, 14 sheep, I think, and that's all.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) During the day, when we are home, all over the house, where ever they want to be. When we're gone, in crates in our "Laundry room" which is mostly the dog room. But Sasha, she's got free roam of the house all day and all night.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) All but Sasha are in crates.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They are free-feeders, and all just share the same water bowl, and food bowl, which are huge, don't worry, no ones lacking food.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yup, sure do... It's just the way I am.

Did you plan to get this many? Nope. When my sheltie died, I said, can I have ONE puppy, mom said "sure! What breed?" and we started looking, when I found Zoey, mom also found Gyp who she loved, so we got both, then somehow Morrie came into the family, then Tinky... All along Sasha's been here since she was born, and isn't going anywheres.

2 cats

Whisper my room, in her crate. Hershey utility room.

Whisper my room, crate. Hershey he gets the WHOLE utility room to hisself, no crate needed.

Different areas, Whisper 3 times a day, in her crate or near the water.
Hershey 3 times a day in the utility room. In their bowls, own bowls. (I use the same bowl)

Yes, later on, when I'm out of the house. 1 more possibly, not sure.

No. Hershey was the only one planned.

elegy

overdogged
How many dogs do you have? 3

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? 5 cats, 1 elderly rat

Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) when i'm away, luce and mushroom are crated and harv has run of the house. when i'm home, they all have run of the house, though i prefer they stay where i am.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) they all generally sleep with me, though sometimes harv sleeps in the bathroom (especially when it's hot), and every once in awhile, luce'll sleep downstairs on the couch

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) i feed twice a day. luce and mushroom in their crates, harv loose.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? dear god no.

Did you plan to get this many? dogs, yes, though i think two was a better number for me in retrospect. i never planned to have five cats.

R

RedyreRottweilers

Five. 3 adult bitches, 2 male puppies 15 weeks old

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? no other pets

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Adult dogs have the run of the house. Puppies are carefully supervised either outdoors in a safe fenced area when I am at home, or indoors in their crates, or playing with us/otherdogs/toys/etc.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Adult dogs sleep wherever they like (they all have beds, and rotate among them). Puppies sleep in crates.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Adult dogs eat once per day, near 8 PM. They are crated at feeding time for the few seconds it takes them to eat. Puppies are fed twice per day, 7am and 8pm, with a mid day snack. They are also crated for feeding time.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? That is always possible. Being a breeder, and showing dogs, often means you will have as many as 10+ dogs at a certain times. The population is higher when their is a litter on the ground, and just after when one is growing out puppies and trying to decide who will stay for good. I would not prefer to have more than 6 dogs in permanent residence at any time.

Did you plan to get this many? I do try to keep my numbers at a manageable level so that each dog can get the individual attention it needs, but yes, for many years I have had multiple dogs.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
How many dogs do you have? 2 Dogs.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? No.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) All dogs have free roam of the house. They are trusted in the house, also, when we are gone.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Lizzie most of the time will either sleep downstairs in the family room, with me, or in her crate in my room

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) They are free-fed. And get raw once day on their own Pen.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yes. Tecanically I only have one dog, but have two dogs in the house. I liked having two dogs (Lizzie and Duke) when I had my foster, so for now, I think I'll stick with two dogs till I'm out of College.

Did you plan to get this many? Major was planned, as with Lizzie.

pafla

How many dogs do you have? 2 dogs

Do you have any pets as well? 2 cats

Where are your dogs beinging kept? They are allowed in part of apartment

Hows is the sleeping arrangement? They can sleep anywhere as long as they are on a flour,but most time sleep in they baskets which are in my room

How is the feeding arrangment? They eat twice a day from separate bowls but in same room

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Yes I am planning on getting a new dog in next year

Did you plan to get this many? Yes I did but my parents didnt:D

Beth82

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes, 2 cats

Where are your dogs being kept? (your room, their own room, living room?)

They have access to most of the house.

One in my room, one in a crate in the living room.

Separate bowls, fed at the same time, twice a day

Do you see yourself with more than you have now?[/B]

Probably not.

Not at first.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? just fish..we had a cat in the past but found that it was best rehome her.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) In crates..which are kept in the family room..for now, hopefully they will be moved in to a bedroom soon

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) All 3 have their own crates

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) different bowls in their own seperate crates..I have two dominate females, I can't afford to take any risks

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? as much as I'd love to say yes..no

yes..but Freckles came at an unexpected time. I was planning on getting a puppy before she came to live with us. But I certainly made the right choice ;)

DanL

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? yes, a cat, an African Grey parrot, a 3' snake, a 55 gallon aquarium, and an outdoor goldfish pond

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) Usually strewn about the downstairs. They have a lot of toys so there are always some laying around. They have a toy box but Daisy has learned how to open it.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Bruzer sleeps downstairs, either in his crate or in an ez chair. Gunnar and Daisy sleep on the floor in our room. Daisy will worm her way onto the bed around 4am.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, outside unless it's raining (we feed raw, then it's garage and crates), at least 10' between each dog to prevent theft of food, all fed at the same time.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? No. 3 is good enough.

Did you plan to get this many? We've had 3 for the last 5 years. It wasn't a plan but that's how it ended up.

Dekka

Just try me..
How many dogs do you have? 7 :yikes:

Do you have any pets as well? 7 horses (anyone want to buy a pony?)

Where are your dogs being kept? In the house, all over the house.

How's the sleeping arrangement? Dekka always sleeps with me, usually Snip too. The puppies and Kaiden always sleep in their crates. Zo used to sleep with me sometimes, but not at the moment. Scandal gets to rotate.

How's the feeding arrangement? The all get fed just before bed in their crates. Except Dekka who has a bowl in the kitchen. Snip will sometimes get fed in the kitchen too when he is going to bed with me. The puppies get fed in the morning as well.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Ummm no

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? a rabbit and a cat

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) in my room . . . I live in a studio so it's only one room anyway

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Wally in my bed, Teeny usually in her crate (sometimes in my bed)

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) Different bowls, Wally at the feeding station, Teeny in her crate, each twice a day

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? Easily 3 if not more, depending on the dogs

Did you plan to get this many? I don't plan . . . it's easier to live without one.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
How many dogs do you have? right now 3 of my own, however there are 5 in the house.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? of my own, none, however there is a cat and fish right now, i plan on more pets once im in my own place.

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) my 3 sleep in my room, the other 2 dogs sleep in my parents room and the cat in my sisters room.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) all in the same room, vixie and dodger currently on my bed, ruby in a crate.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) free feeders.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? eventually yes, id love another crestie and 1-2 larger dogs, a standard poodle and possible a staffie.

Did you plan to get this many? not quite so quickly or this early in my life, but i planned for even more evenrutlaly so..

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
How many dogs do you have? Just five - two German shepherds, three Chows.

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? I'm very glad to say NO, although at one point I had horses, sheep, rabbits, cats, and a crow along with the dogs .. *L*

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) The adults are pretty much with me wherever I am. We go outside several times a day. The five month old GSD pup is confined to an ex-pen if I can't be watching her, although she's starting to get more freedom now.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) Same as above - they choose where they sleep except for the pup. The youngest chow is usually sleeping on the bed with me, the others sprawl out alongside or on their beds.

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) The pup generally eats in her pen, the others from individual bowls. They eat twice a day and it's pretty casual - no particular time. They can eat within a foot or two of each other (I used to feed all four dogs in a six-foot long area). I don't have any problem with them bothering each other. Sometimes I just take the food and feed them handfuls - they all gather around and I give a handful to one dog, then a handful to another dog, and they all wait for their turn. They know the rules .. if they try to crowd in, they get NOTHING.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? No. Five medium to large dogs is a LOT to live with, especially since I have a lot of joint pain/swelling and have a hard time doing basic things at times (like closing my fingers around a dish to carry it).

Did you plan to get this many? Yes and no. I didn't consciously think "I want five dogs" but I chose to accept each one as it came along. I could see myself with just three though and I think that would be better (and since I have dogs that are 16, 11.5 and 10 years old it's a good possibility that I'll have fewer dogs way sooner than I want).

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

BandPsMom

Do you have any pets as well? If Yes, what? nope

Where are your dogs beinging kept? (your room, their own room, living room?) they are generally in the same room that I am in.

How's the sleeping arrangement? (All in the same room, different rooms, different beds, share beds, crates?) they both sleep with my husband and I

How's the feeding arrangement? (different bowls, same bowls, free-feeders, eat at a certain time?) they have different bowls and are fed at the same time in different parts of the kitchen.

Do you see yourself with more than you have now? As we live in family housing on the base and can only have 2 dogs, not at the moment. Though some day when we have our own home, I wouldn't mind being able to rescue another one, but I don't think I'd have more than 3.

Did you plan to get this many? yes, I knew from the moment we got Bronson that I wanted to eventually be able to have a pal for him and another little one that we could love and share our home with.

Members online

No members online now.