Name help for FutureGecko!

What name for a crested gecko?

• Aggdor

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe (Jagrafess)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Eldrad

• Rassilon

• Raxacoracofallaptorius (Rex)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Restac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sutekh

• Torajii

• Xoanaon

• Jelly Babies (other)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Saeleofu

With a bit of luck, I will be getting a crested gecko this week! The rest of my supplies from Pangea are supposed to arrive tomorrow, and the enclosure is nearly finished.

And...I need a name. It will be a Crested Gecko, most likely too young/small to sex. So a name that sounds like it could be unisex would be good.

Also, it pretty much has to be a Doctor Who name. Duh :rofl1:

I was going to go with Aggedor, but then I was browsing the list of DW villains, and came across a TON more.

Xandra

ha I just got two on Friday!! Aggedor is a great name (it is with the "e" right? Otherwise I'd say Rassilon).

Really, they're all pretty awesome names though.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Raxacoracofallaptorius!!!!

And Rex, the nickname, is also the name of the awesome flying lizardy thing from Primeval.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
THE ONE THAT STARTS WITH MIGHTY!

..or Reptar.
Reptar would be an awesome name! lol

Saeleofu

Aggedor is a great name (it is with the "e" right?
Yes, it is with the e. I just screwed up the poll lol.

ha I just got two on Friday!!
PICTURES! NAO!

I'm really liking the idea of Jagrafess (and the whole long name that goes with it lol). Aggedor may be reserved for a future dog instead. I think it's more fitting for a dog.

Xandra

Yes, it is with the e. I just screwed up the poll lol.

PICTURES! NAO!

I'm really liking the idea of Jagrafess (and the whole long name that goes with it lol). Aggedor may be reserved for a future dog instead. I think it's more fitting for a dog.
I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow maybe. Supposedly you're not supposed to handle them for a week or so, but they seem OK now.

Jagrafess is a great name as well. It's rare that I see a names list I like as much. You'll have to post pics of yours when you get him/her! What age and what color/pattern are you getting?

Saeleofu

What age and what color/pattern are you getting?
Don't know yet. I was going to get one from Pangea, but with shipping times and everything it wouldn't have worked out in time (I'm doing a research project for my animal behavior class with it). I'd really like a dalamtian. Aside from spots I prefer the less flashy morphs. One with no pattern or a very pale/basic pattern would be fine, but it really just depends on what the reptile shop has (I did my research and found a reputable reptile shop, not Petsmart or Petco or anything like that...private breeders). One of the ones at work is a brown color, no pattern, but when he fires up he's deep chocolate brown with green down his back.

If they have a young adult I'd be willing to get it, but most likely it'll be a juvenile.

Xandra

Don't know yet. I was going to get one from Pangea, but with shipping times and everything it wouldn't have worked out in time (I'm doing a research project for my animal behavior class with it). I'd really like a dalamtian. Aside from spots I prefer the less flashy morphs. One with no pattern or a very pale/basic pattern would be fine, but it really just depends on what the reptile shop has (I did my research and found a reputable reptile shop, not Petsmart or Petco or anything like that...private breeders). One of the ones at work is a brown color, no pattern, but when he fires up he's deep chocolate brown with green down his back.

If they have a young adult I'd be willing to get it, but most likely it'll be a juvenile.
I like the dalmatians too!! I have a red and a partial pinstrip dark and cream harlequin I believe. You could check out craigslist/kijiji/hoobly. That's where I got mine, they are 2 months old, $35 and the breeder was helpful and enthusiastic, sold me some of what he was feeding them and told me to come back to him with any questions or concerns etc.

Saeleofu

I like the dalmatians too!! I have a red and a partial pinstrip dark and cream harlequin I believe. You could check out craigslist/kijiji/hoobly. That's where I got mine, they are 2 months old, $35 and the breeder was helpful and enthusiastic, sold me some of what he was feeding them and told me to come back to him with any questions or concerns etc.
I've been checking CL multiple times a day, and nothing. There's been a leopard gecko and a gargoyle, but I'm really set on a crested! My CGD, feeding ledge and some other supplies are supposed to be here yesterday (I can't tell you how pissed I am at UPS right now). As soon as I have everything I'm going to go see what's available. I REALLY want to go tomorrow after school, because if I don't go then I have to wait until Monday. Grrrrrrrr >.<

Members online

No members online now.