To neuter or not to neuter?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
You'll still get asked. :rofl1: The people who are stupid enough to ask in the first place tend to not get the "missing key body parts" issue.
True, true! :lol-sign:

If he's going to be adopted out, he'll be neutered no question about it (unless a Chazzer wants him :D). If he's going to stay, then we may or may not get him done. All depends on how he acts/what the situation is. I'm starting to lean more towards getting him done, just not making it a top priority that must be done asap.

The manager is sending out the notification letter today, and we'll be waiting until the end of the month - just to be safe - before labeling him as abandoned, but considering his owner has yet to get back in contact with us we're not holding our breath.

I'm going to try to get some better pictures of him when I work Saturday. :)

*blackrose

Thought I'd update:

If his owners don't show, he will be coming home with me the evening of the 27th or the 28th.

He may also become a new addition if he meshes with everyone and my parents like him. :) We've been thinking about getting a new dog for awhile now, but my parents tend to not actively search for anything animal-wise and just wait until one falls in their lap. LOL

I cannot wait to get him out of the kennel and get him home. Not only am I worried about him becoming stressed and starting to develop kennel/dog tendencies I don't want him to have (Chloe would have snapped and gone crazy by now had she been in a boarding situation has long as he has been), I have a coworker that I do not trust around him. Period. At all. She is one of those people who thinks she knows everything, but instead pushes all of a dog's buttons wrong. I had Attila out playing last night working on his issue of lunging for the tug toy when he looses it (and chomping down on anything in his path) and after five minutes of her coming out and "playing" too, she had him uncertain, uncomfortable, hesitant, and hunkering when she would go to touch him. UGH. And she thought it was all great and fun, and then proceeded to inform me after he air snapped at her because she PICKED UP HIS HIND LEGS WHILE I WAS PLAYING TUG WITH HIM that if he ever bit someone he would have to be put down. WTF. Chloe would have ripped her face off ten times over what this poor dog was tolerating from her.
Then she proceeded to egg him on to clobber another coworker because she thought it was funny, while he was clearly crossing the line between excited to overstimulated/loosing his head. And that the reason he was getting so amped up was because I needed to chop his balls off. WTF. I just put him back up in his kennel because I didn't want her around him.

Thankfully, I don't think she starts working in kennels until April...but now I'm freaking out that she is going to do something to him that will be hard for me to undo.

At least now I know to never let Chloe get within a 10 foot radius of her. UGH.

On the bright side, I was able to get him sitting consistently for his tug and we were starting to get to the point where he would stop mid lunge, sit, and wait for me to either throw the toy or tell him to take it while he waited politely.

Annnnnd....he will need a name change. Attila just isn't working for me. Any ideas? :) I'm going to try to take some more pictures of him tonight.

So happy you are getting him, he's stunning and my fingers are crossed everything works out right!

He'll be fun to bike with ;)

And that the reason he was getting so amped up was because I needed to chop his balls off. WTF.
And that right there is why I think you would make such a great example to people keeping a intact male pit responsibly while having him really well behaved. Always think there is no better way to set a good example (or get a educational talk going) than that.

*blackrose

He'll be fun to bike with ;)
I'm thinking more attaching him to a cart and going for a ride! :D lol

Now, quick question.

He's currently eating the kennel food, which is Science Diet gut health, basically. (That isn't the name, but that is what it is for. LOL) I have him eating 2 cups twice a day and he's been no that for oh...1 to 2 weeks now. I think he is in good shape, if a tad to skinny - his backbone has almost went away now, but his ribs are still clearly visible/felt.

I figure putting him on a performance food (will be one of the diamond types) would be best for him, just so I can cut his food intake down and still have him maintain a good weight and build. I think the Diamond Naturals is 35% P and 25% F. Is that too high? Or is there another food you would recommend? The cheaper the better. Preferably found at TSC or Put Supplies Plus (or Petsmart, but they are pricey). I know I can't afford to feed two dogs TOTW and he can handle "lower" quality foods without digestive upset unlike Chloe, so I'm looking for an affordable middle of the road food that will get the job done.

Beautiful dog. I think the answer is, your choice. If you don't neuter him now, and it's not working, you can always do it later.

Members online

No members online now.