Maggie's not eating

My dog has not eaten all day. Should I be worried? She usually eats really well.
I even mixed wet food with her benecrap (that I bought before I knew it was bad for her). She's not even eating bites of chicken or beggin strips or anything!!

She's too skinny already! How long should I let her go without eating before I need to take her to the vet? Should I take her tomorrow?? I mean, I was going to take her this week or next week anyway, but if I need to take her sooner....

She doesn't LOOK sick. She's sitting here happily chewing on a toy, with her food and water right in front of her nose.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Shelties will do that to you...

Also, if they ever eat something bad, they wait until you're on the phone with the emergency vet to throw it up. (PS - You have to ACTUALLY be on the phone with the emergency vet. Faking it doesn't work.)

Shelties will do that to you...

Also, if they ever eat something bad, they wait until you're on the phone with the emergency vet to throw it up. (PS - You have to ACTUALLY be on the phone with the emergency vet. Faking it doesn't work.)
Im guessing you have some experience? :p

I can actually imagine you faking it... :)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Poor girl :p

With most of my dogs (Aubrey being the exception) it took them about a week or so to really get to eating well...I would freak out and start adding all sorts of stuff to their food, move the bowl around to see if they liked another spot better...finally I just realized that if kept to a routine and quit screwing around with things, they'd end up eating on their own.

I've known many Shelties to be finnicky or picky eaters anyway...will go a day or so without eating, then eat normally, then skip a meal, etc etc.

nuvetmarie

The BEST for your puppy..
Glad to hearshe is eating - Any questions.... ask Marie at the Doggie Chalet

Hi everyone; I am glad she is eating now...
As many have said.... A day of no appetite is ok. As long as they are taking in water.

Sometimes they can eat something outside that will upset the stomach.

Any health questions... I would be glad to help.
I run a Doggie Hotel here in Alaska.
Also, I am into Natural Alternatives in dog food and supplments.

Best wishes and Hello

Marie

Edited by a moderator: please keep your website links to the website forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.