Minnesota Meetup???

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
C'mon now people, there are a bunch of us here, and I want to meet all the dogs that I haven't yet.

People I KNOW live in the area:
Justa
SpringerLover
Southpaw
SaraB
sassafras
96 GTS

Now that it's not so bitterly cold, we should totally get together and do something. There are so many parks and such around, no excuse not to :p

SaraB

I'm all for it! Titan and Zuma can go, it would have to depend on Classic whether or not he can go.

I know a great secret place for off leash doggy fun...... but it's a secret. It's in the northern suburbs and I would have to have everyone promise not to tell anyone else about it. LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I think one with the dogs would be fun, I'd like to meet them too. :) I'd probably only bring Juno. A secret location sounds fun LOL.

I would probably only bring Pip. Maisy is not always very polite playing with stranger dogs and Squash has only a kindergarten-level recall at best.

SaraB

I think one with the dogs would be fun, I'd like to meet them too. :) I'd probably only bring Juno. A secret location sounds fun LOL.
Ya the place I'm talking about borders my dad's house and is 90 acres of off leash awesomeness. The property was just bought by the county to be turned into a county park but they still have to demo the buildings that are on it before it can be opened. In the meantime they have granted us access to it even though there are No Trespassing and Private Property signs plastered everywhere. There are roads that we walk on as well as deer trails that we can follow. It's located north of Coon Rapids though so I understand that it is a drive for some people.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ya the place I'm talking about borders my dad's house and is 90 acres of off leash awesomeness. The property was just bought by the county to be turned into a county park but they still have to demo the buildings that are on it before it can be opened. In the meantime they have granted us access to it even though there are No Trespassing and Private Property signs plastered everywhere. There are roads that we walk on as well as deer trails that we can follow. It's located north of Coon Rapids though so I understand that it is a drive for some people.
I am 20-30ish minutes south of Minneapolis so that would be a BIT of a haul, but I am willing to try to make it to wherever we want to have it! Sounds like a nice place to let them run wild.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If we do off-leash than Mr. Frodo can't come, but I would definitely still be on board!!
Not like he wants to meet any of you guys anyway ;) :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The bike trail through Theo Wirth Park is paved and awesome. You can diverge onto wooded trails and then end up back on the paved path.

That's the only one I really know of since it's where I live and I walk Frodo on it nearly every day :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If you feel comfortable doing it, you can hand one off to Ryan (96 GTS), that's normally what SpringerLover does when she brings both her dogs when we do group walks :p

SaraB

LOL, nice. I've done that before, generally when we do the large group walks someone always wants to take Titan. Depending on the day, my hubby can always come with too.

Speaking of... what are we thinking for date? I'm excited for this!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well I am starting a new job next week, and not sure what my hours are going to be, but if I know the date now, I can probably ask off.

I'd like to do it before it gets super warm out or Frodo will have to stay at home (he is not a fan of the heat)

SaraB

Well I am starting a new job next week, and not sure what my hours are going to be, but if I know the date now, I can probably ask off.

I'd like to do it before it gets super warm out or Frodo will have to stay at home (he is not a fan of the heat)
Would a Sunday work? I agree with going before it gets uber hot... Ty is a wuss when it comes to heat.

Members online