Positive experiences

KenyiGirl

Navy Sister
So you all know that Hailey is somewhat dog reactive (when around strange dogs she's very uncertain, barking, whining, snapping, etc), but lately we had some good stranger-dog experiences.

We took both dogs to a self-service dog grooming/wash place before superbowl as we wanted the pups to smell their best :p There were 7 or 8 other dogs there, some getting groomed, some were getting bathed, some were hanging out in a back room, and some were kenneled. Everyone was restrained one way or another, so I felt it would be safe to get Hailey washed there. One dog was barking like crazy at Hailey. Hailey did a LOT of sniffing and a tiny bit of whining, but other than that was a perfect angel :D I was suprised and pleased, I was braced to do some fast exiting if needed. Of course, as soon as we started washing her she was ready to leave :D

The second experience was on superbowl sunday, we invited our friend to watch the game. Eric invited her dog along without my knowlege. I talked to my friend, intending to ask her to leave her dog at home, but after we discussed temperments we decided that it would be a good experience for all the dogs (hers, Hailey, and Molly as well). Her dog is a big ol' 5 yr old male yellow lab, sweet, and mild. His name is Nisser. They arrived at our house and Hailey's back hair was all standing on end, she had quite the mohawk going! She barked at him really loudly, just once, and Nisser completely ignored her. So then Hailey was content to just sniff him and see what he was all about :p They played for hours. I'm really happy she made a doggy friend :p I'm proud to see her exhibiting the ability to play well with others, lol.

Members online

No members online now.