What breed of dog do i have?

When we got my dog logan they said he was a min pin x chihuahua. I highly doubt the chihuahua part. he dosn't look like a chihuahua. He is way too big. He wieghs 20lbs. He is brown with other colors mixed in. We didn't get his taill or ears cropped. he looks kind of like a min pin and has the same attitude as one, but agin is too big to be a purbred. What else could he have in him? :confused:

F

FluffyZooCrew

Looks like an extremely overweight chihuahua/min pin mix. Being overweight probably explains the 20lb weight.

BostonBanker

I like the ears a lot as well!

Looks like an extremely overweight chihuahua/min pin mix. Being overweight probably explains the 20lb weight.
I agree with Fluffy, although I'd even question the chihuahua part. He just looks like an out of standard, larger min-pin, who is carrying quite a bit of extra weight.

If you really felt you needed another breed to call him, German Pins look very similar but are larger. They are just rare enough that I would doubt their inclusion into a mix breed.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
He does look like a min pin mix. Please, get him onto a diet and up his activity. You are asking for trouble by allowing him to carry so much weight.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
agreed, an oversized minpin (i met a 24 lbs minpin who WASNT overweight the other day, he was huge, puppy mill pup., very sweet though and in great condition.

but yeah, id say he needs to drop at least 5 lbs from that picture, and id say easily a minpin or minpin mix.

some pins are built stockier/bigger boned than others.

My ex had a pure bred 30lb min pin...so it happens... I do kinda see chi, but the coat color might be throwing me off.

Members online