Please Help! Pit Bull Rescue

pitz4life

There is a lady who contacted me a couple days ago. She heard I have an APBT and thought I could help her. She or this other woman found a female in the middle of a busy intersection and took her home. Well she said she is an older woman and already has about 6 dogs and 6 cats. I believe most are rescues as well. Well anyway She doesnt have experience with APBT's and I cant take this girl until after Feb 1st. I am trying to find somewhere to place her until then. I dont know what to do. Could someone here tell me who I should contact. I have already sent emails to some rescues but probably wont hear from them until at least tomorrow, and they are so packed anyway...Please tell me what I should do? Thanks in advance!!!

First off, good for you and this elderly woman for caring so much!

Now, have you looked for a rescue organization nearby that would be willing to take her until the first of February?

In the meantime, I'm going to e-mail Tl_Ashmore, who also lives in Texas (lol, yes, it's a big state and she's probably not nearby, but she's more likely to know of some organizations - or even people - who might be able to help).

pitz4life

sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes I have been contacting rescues since I found out about this girl. A couple have got back to me and cant do it, but there are more that will probably get back to me tomorrow. I just want to say Thanks so much for helping me out. We are trying to do everything we can for her. I just wish I could take her sooner!

pitz4life

I am about 30 miles north of Houston. I Also go to Tyler alot, so am about 2 hrs from Dallas. Which would be cool too. Thanks for your help so much!!!

pitz4life

Okay seems like this lady found a home for her. I am kinda upset though because she is suppose to rescue, but has no experience with this breed whatsoever and just gave her to the first guy that came along. That is so irresponsible! Thanks for everybodys help!!!

Oh and then to top it off, I have been staying up all night trying to find a place to place this gurl so that she ends up safe, and the lady doesnt even get back to me to let me know!

pitz4life

Yea I hope so too. Its just very irresponsible of this lady. From what I understood the other day, she was suppose to be getting her spayed. Sounded like she was in heat. And then to give her to this guy, no spay, so background, home, or vet check..Stupid! Anyway your right maybe she does have a good home...

Members online

No members online now.