closing on the house

After several battles with the bank and one annoying neighbor, we finally have a close date.

Anyone in the NY area or traveling to NY come visit!

Awesome! It's adorable. I hope to become a homeowner in the upcoming year!! What happened with the neighbor? Is it going to be a problem living around him/her?

Awesome! It's adorable. I hope to become a homeowner in the upcoming year!! What happened with the neighbor? Is it going to be a problem living around him/her?
Best of luck. It has been a battle to get this far and I'm happy to be done with it.

As for the neighbor.....The driveway is on a private road owned by the neighbor. The previous owner had a gentleman's agreement with the neighbor in regards to the upkeep of the road (mostly snow removal). Our lovely bank required a maintenance agreement for the care of the road. Our attorney drafted something that said we shared the cost of the snow removal, but we found out earlier this week, after he had the contract for 3 weeks that he didn't want to share the cost. He wanted us to be responsible for the 200ft between the public road and our drive way and he'd take the rest.

No big deal, but it would have been nice to know 2-3 weeks ago. Argh. Hopefully some cookies or cake will soften him up a bit.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
That house is so adorable. I mean really...so so adorable.

Members online

No members online now.