Bedtime.....

The thread "sleeping with the canines..." made me start this thread. I would have just posted in that, but generally people answer the main thread rather than quetions posted in the thread....

Lee and I have only let shadow on the bed with us once, it was after a big argument, but thats another story. Now it was lovely when she was there, but I couldnt have her sleeping up there every nite with us. Personally I dont think it would be fair on her to let her sleep upstairs say, once a week, and then the rest of the week in the kitchen in her own bed. Plus it would be really difficult for us to get her to sleep in the kitchen, ever since we let her sleep upstairs shes become very difficult come bedtime, never had a problem before that.

The main reason I dont want her upstairs is because, well, if she was there, I couldnt.....well, um, you know, be intimate with my partner, one because she'll sleep between us, she starts off on the floor, but ends up between us. And two, cos the thought of her being there....and doing...you know....stuff, really really grosses me out.

What do you guys do? Do you not let them upstairs? Do ignore them when you want to be with your partner? I'd really like her to be upstairs with us, its lovely knowing she's there, and I feel soooooooo guilty leaving her downstairs, its starting to affect my sleep! help! :eek:

Suggestions please!

Im really hoping this thread doesnt come accross as childish, im 22, and seriously, this is becoming quite stressful, im feeling guilty all the time!

Fran27

Well the room is downstairs here, but it's about the same I think. When we want to do um stuff, we just don't let the dogs in the room. Otherwise, Boris can be with us (Tips still sleeps in his crate in the opposite room).

But yeah, you can't have her sleep with you from time to time and in the kitchen the rest of the time, she will be confused and won't like the kitchen time much anymore.

I have 2 dogs a min pin and a german sheperd.Our min pin sleeps in our bed the german sheperd sleeps on the floor hogging the fan.When he are trying to you know we just tell Rosco get off and he listens as soon as we are done he comes back up.He loves to be my snuggle bug and I wouldnt have it any other way.Hes my heater in the winter too.Lol.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Put the radio or t.v. on and put the large baby gate in front of the bedroom door.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol THAT is another reason why teddy doesn't sleep with us lol I'm not gonna get up and remove him from the room everytime we wanna fool around lol. what a mood killer lol.

Irish

We just shut our bedroom door when we want to be alone ;) . We can't keep it shut all night because our cats do not allow us that luxury. So, when we're done being alone, we open the door and we usually crack up because there will be 2 dogs and 2 cats all piled up outside the door. The looks on their faces say "what were you guys doing in there?"

LOL Irish, that is sooo funny, I can just picture their faces outside the door! Im still in two minds about letting shadow sleep upstairs, i'll have to think about it some more....

Members online