Late Night Dog walk Turns Ugly,..

mrose_s

BusterLove
you know whats weird? i don't find that situation weird. another point about this town is that its full of drunks. people just off their face wandering around. you see about 12 people a day passed out on the median strip or in a park.

and they humbug. they ask for cigarettes, money and stuff. i've got to the point that i just turn aruond and say "f*ck off, i got nothing, leave me alone"
they annoy me more than anything.

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
I don't want to go out at that time either but we were having probs with the girl, with housebreaking so we had to kind of start over.... plus it's sad when you can't even go out into your own frontyard without some lowlife loser walking through it bothering you and trying to get into everyoner's house!!!!

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
I don't want to go out at that time either but we were having probs with the girl, with housebreaking so we had to kind of start over....

Plus it's sad when you can't even go out into your own frontyard (regardless of what time it is)without some lowlife loser walking through it bothering you and trying to get into everyone else's house!!!!

Wow! I'm glad you're okay.

Border Collies are really not very small dogs. And just because a dog is small does not mean they are not protective. :rolleyes:
Ugggh. You didn't understand my post. Small dogs can be protective, but aren't gonna help you worth a d*mn if you are threatened, or attacked. :rolleyes:

moonchild1970

Designated Ball Thrower
Yeah I'm hypoglycemic going into diabetes. Sucks BIGTIME. But the dogs know when it happens and get real worked up and snarky with anyone coming too close. Maybe it freaks them out to see me like that?

The dogs can sense when something is wrong, and they are protecting you because they know you are vulnerable, and weak at that moment :D

You have wonderful dogs. I'm glad you made it home ok :)

Yes, hypoglycemia sucks :(

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Possessed. Whatever works. lol.

When I walk tosca at night, people stay away from her as she has a bark from hell and is not afraid to use it long before anybody gets close.

Carry pepper spray or foam if you go out at 3am. If you can carry a walking stick and I hope you bring your cell phone. I used to get off work @ 2am and would walk my dogs down the middle of the street in case someone or something was hiding btwn the cars or in the bushes. You can never be too careful. Anyone can buy pepper spray from a uniform shop. I was told the foam was better especially in the wind.

Yea, and you live in San Fran! I don't blame you for carrying all that stuff!

I'd tell a story, but I don't want to take away from the thread. Yes, get pepper spray. I need some too

Well so much for not going out at night. Just had to take Squirt out, barking at the door and not wanting her to wa ke the kids. Dangit. Nothing happened but was sure cold, plus she has one heck of a bark, andis large.

Members online

No members online now.