Aquarium Pics????

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Lol I love how Webster is underneath!

I'm jealous that you have so many huge awesome tanks. My biggest is 20 gallons (long). But there's just no room. I'm only allowed to have them in my bedroom aside from the one 10 gallon that I gifted to my mom with a betta.

Eta: greenmagick, we posted at the same time! I loooove your tank!
You really don't want to know how many fishtanks I have. They are not all up right now, though. For good reason...I had all of them running at one time, but that was pre-Mira and many moves ago.

Ironic story...I had to leave a 29g behind in our last move. Just wasn't room in the truck, and I had another. Then we end up buying this house...we move in and lo and behold in the attic was an abandoned 29g. It's fate I tell you ;). And a few days later one of Dave's family members found out they were pregnant and dropped off their 50g and said, "do with it as you please, I won't have time." So not only was the 29g replaced, but we went UP one glass box. Weird.

~Tucker&Me~

You really don't want to know how many fishtanks I have. They are not all up right now, though. For good reason...I had all of them running at one time, but that was pre-Mira and many moves ago
Let's have a competition :rofl1: Seriously, I have so many that it is embarrassing... Do your guests ever make comments? I am pretty sure the reason all my tanks are in the basement is because EVERYONE comments on it :p

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Let's have a competition :rofl1: Seriously, I have so many that it is embarrassing... Do your guests ever make comments? I am pretty sure the reason all my tanks are in the basement is because EVERYONE comments on it :p
Not anymore lol. Like I said most are down now. Too much competition for my time. I'm sure you'll "win" ;) but while I'm outing myself as a crazy person:
1- 90g
1- 50g
2- 29
1- 20L
2- 10g
1- 6g

Total gallonage: 244g

So it's a lot by normal person standards but not my fish person standards. I know when I got my Shellies, they were from a hardcore hobbyist in town whi literally had 10k gallons worth of tanks in their house, mostly in the basement.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
That is so cool! I just love fishkeeping. I have a 20L, a 10g and a 3.5g :( saddening.
Hey you can do a lot with those though! 20L are an especially fun size I think.

Technically I have a regular 20g too but an not counting it since it can't be used as a normal tank anymore...I installed baffled and used it as my sump for the 90g when I still used the overflow design.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
First iteration. Obviously way shy of done but this is where we are for now. Tore down a planted 29g and the barebottom 50g and moved those plants, driftwood, substrate, and my extra substrate to the 29g along with the Angelfish that had been growing out in that 29g. It's only half-planted for now. I'll plant the rest when I tear down my other 29g next weekend. It's nice to have it up and running...we've been in the new place for a year and there were just too many other things to do.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
God, I used to have a 20g long, about five 10g's a 3.5 and a 5 gallon all running at once. I'm pretty sure my mom's electricity bill was ridiculous because my sister also had a 45g running at the same time.

I just had a crap load of endlers livebearers and fancy guppies. I also had a small terrarium frog tank going on that I started myself from frog spawn collected out of a pool in my older sisters backyard. They were super cute little frogs. I ended up letting them all go at the creek they came from because the petstore was out of flies. :/

I really really want to get back into fancy guppies, and I think my friend might indulge me with some tanks. I also need to get my sisters tank that's just collecting dust right now.

mkj2013

Here is my tank, the bf got it for me for my birthday at the end of August. I'm still learning, and having some issues lol..
I just have Mollies and one High Fin Pleco

crazedACD

Another of ze Krib..

Parkinsoni Rainbow fish..I have a few of these

Synodontis cat..not easy to photograph..

Red Tail Zebra Loach (crazy things)

"Mottled" Knifefish, among other names

In another tank..he really needs a buddy in there..I'm eyeing a deformed pearlscale at work..

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
At long last I have my school of 15 cardinal tetras, which are acclimating to my quarantine tank as we speak.

I've wanted a big school of Cardinals for a long time. I'd also like a school of rummynose but those can be harder to find and I've never seen them on sale...Cardinals go on sale once or twice a year here and that time is now :)

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition and healthy fish...if so then in a few weeks they'll be in the 90g :)

Romy

Taxiderpy
Our goldfish have finally put on a decent amount of weight. :) I'm hunting around for a new tank to set up for Aurelia's bubble eyes when we're able to get some.

At the moment we have three shubunkins, one ryukin, a common (hibuna) and an oranda. It has no wen, lol.

Here's yellowgreen shubunkin.

The orange and black shubunkin.

The blue shubunkin. This one actually has the colors a shubunkin is supposed to have. lol

Here's the ryukin. He will never be show quality but we learned a ton about goldfish grooming raising him. And he's very personable and awesome. My daughter loves him.

The feeder fish. He started out pure white with red fins, and is turning orange now. He's twice as big too.

I'm hunting around for some nice Chinese style shubunkins. They are <3!!! My daughter and I are planning to raise bubble eyes and the chinese shubunkins. Eventually I'd like to get into ryukins and celestials too.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I recently added a 5.5 gallon but I am going to take down my 20 long and rehome some of the fish. I will likely set it up again eventually but right now it is extremely hard for me to do water changes on because of where it is (up on top of my dresser) and I have nowhere else to put it right now. So for now, I'm gonna have a 5.5 gallon with ADFs, snails, and a few guppies, and a 3.5 gallon with a Betta and snails.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
So. Here are pictures of the 5.5 currently. Obviously needs to be decorated (I just dropped in the plants, didn't even bury them in the gravel-which it needs more of) but I'll do all that when I have a little time on my hands. Currently there are two African dwarf frogs in there and one male guppy. I will be adding (probably) 2 more guppies and two snails (which I already have but are currently in my moms 3.5 betta tank).

Excuse the cell phone quality of the pics

His fins weren't in the greatest shape but they are getting there!

Not a good pic but here is where we are at with the 20 g I am redoing in Cian's room. Tore it down and restarted it last night. There is a piece of driftwood that I added some anubias to that is still soaking so it will stay down...that will go on the lefft side. Will probably paint the back black as well.

And just because its cute, a shrimp from my tv tank - yes, its a freaking mess....need to clean it. It has pygmy gouramis, cories, and of course cherry shrimp.

~Tucker&Me~

CharlieDog,

The tank looks great, but a few points.

1. You don't need fish to cycle a tank, and it is very stressful for them to be used to for that purpose. Do you have a friend who can take the fish while you are in the process of cycling it? Cute little guy though, endler guppy? :)

2. Are you wanting to grow plants? I can't tell if those ones are live or not. If you do, those rocks won't be able to grow much and you should consider switching to something more suited to plants (if a planted tank is what you are after). If the gravel is too big the substrate won't be able to hold nutrients because the water will wash it all away as it moves through the rocks. Adversely, if the substrate is too small, it will suffocate the roots. Ideally you want to aim for something about 2mm in diameter.

I am so excited for you that you got your tank up and running! :D

~Tucker&Me~

So. Here are pictures of the 5.5 currently. Obviously needs to be decorated (I just dropped in the plants, didn't even bury them in the gravel-which it needs more of) but I'll do all that when I have a little time on my hands. Currently there are two African dwarf frogs in there and one male guppy. I will be adding (probably) 2 more guppies and two snails (which I already have but are currently in my moms 3.5 betta tank).

His fins weren't in the greatest shape but they are getting there!
Haha better watch out, soon you will have 8x the amount of guppies you do now if you get females.... ;)

Not a good pic but here is where we are at with the 20 g I am redoing in Cian's room. Tore it down and restarted it last night. There is a piece of driftwood that I added some anubias to that is still soaking so it will stay down...that will go on the lefft side. Will probably paint the back black as well.

And just because its cute, a shrimp from my tv tank - yes, its a freaking mess....need to clean it. It has pygmy gouramis, cories, and of course cherry shrimp.
Looks good, what do you plan to put in the 20g?

Members online

No members online now.