Pokemon players? .. getting game on ipad..

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Wait wait wait...are you saying you can download a pokemon game as an ap for the Droid? Legally? *WANTS*
Yes, except for the legal part. ROMs are not legal to own and use UNLESS you also own a legitimate copy of the same game.

It's one of those "everyone does it but it's illegal" things. It's not legal. It's piracy.

ETA: Also BE CAREFUL FOR THE LOVE OF PETE when browsing ROM sites. Like many torrent sites and other "illegal items" sites they can be LOADED with spyware and other computer nasties. Proceed with caution!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I downloaded the emulator and the roms a long time ago for almost every Pokemon game. But then, I'm a huge nerd and I really do own (legitimate and legal) copies of all of them. I just don't have the gameboys to play them anymore :p

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I downloaded the emulator and the roms a long time ago for almost every Pokemon game. But then, I'm a huge nerd and I really do own (legitimate and legal) copies of all of them. I just don't have the gameboys to play them anymore :p
Yup, me too. My Pokemon ROMs are all entirely legit. Dunno if that's cool or sad. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Go to the App Store (Market on droids), search for GBC A.D., download that app.

THEN

Do a google search for Pokemon (insert color/stone here) ROM then download a version you would like (might take a while to find one that will dl to your phone)

Go to your home screen, load GBC A.D. app, Find the file you DL'ed (should be in DL folder) then load and play!
SWEET! :D

It would be a legal ROM for me...I own all of the games, my Crystal and Gold games will just no longer save and my sisters lost my Silver, Ruby, Fire Red, and Leaf Green versions...*sigh* My Sapphire still works, but the internal clock is broken so "in game events that are real time will no longer take place". Whatever that means.

I think the only games I don't have are the newest versions, Emerald, and the original Blue and Red. LOL We have Diamond and Platinum, too.

ETA: I just realized how nerdy that sounded...:lol-sign:

*blackrose

Okay...how the heck do I get the ROM onto my SD card? I thought I had saved it to my phone, but it just keeps telling "no supported ROM files in this folder".

*blackrose

And, on that note, I also decided to download what I needed to play it on my PC. I can get it to work (the game starts)...but I don't seem to have any buttons?! Can't play the game without buttons.

Xandra

Kinda OT but can you play Pokemon Yellow on a PC?

I had my Pokemon epiphany about 3 years ago at my boring-ass Quiznos job, me and my co worker got it to up to a couple badges on gameboy color. It would be awesome if I could play my saved game on my PC.

ETA ahaha blackrose are you playing it from the physical gameboy game or did you download it?

*blackrose

Kinda OT but can you play Pokemon Yellow on a PC?

I had my Pokemon epiphany about 3 years ago at my boring-ass Quiznos job, me and my co worker got it to up to a couple badges on gameboy color. It would be awesome if I could play my saved game on my PC.

ETA ahaha blackrose are you playing it from the physical gameboy game or did you download it?
I downloaded it. I have a physical game boy, my games just don't work any longer. :(

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Okay...how the heck do I get the ROM onto my SD card? I thought I had saved it to my phone, but it just keeps telling "no supported ROM files in this folder".
You need to find out what folder the software is looking for the ROMs in, and put the ROMs there.

And, on that note, I also decided to download what I needed to play it on my PC. I can get it to work (the game starts)...but I don't seem to have any buttons?! Can't play the game without buttons.
You likely need to set the buttons to whichever buttons you intend to use. Some emulators try to use a gamepad automatically, others need you to manually set keys.

Emulation is not always easy. ;)

The battery in my Crystal died so you can play, but you can't save the game, so what's the point? Anyway, thanks for the reminder. I need an emulator on this computer. I'm not ballsy enough to hack my iPad, but computers I know.

*blackrose

You need to find out what folder the software is looking for the ROMs in, and put the ROMs there.

You likely need to set the buttons to whichever buttons you intend to use. Some emulators try to use a gamepad automatically, others need you to manually set keys.

Emulation is not always easy. ;)
A.) The folder options the software is giving me to choose from (in regards to looking for a ROM) aren't even the folders I see when I plug my phone into my computer. So I am lost. If I could get the game on my SD card I'd be good, but I don't even know which folder is for the SD card. o_O

B.) I couldn't figure out how to do that, although I was trying. It is the Visual Boy Advance Emulater, if that helps any.
ETA - Oh, wait, never mind, I think I figured it out. Hopefully.
EETA: YES! I did figure it out! Whoohoo!

My night would be perfect if I could figure out how to get it to run on my phone...*sigh*

EEETA:

WHOOHOO! I figured it out!!! :D:D:D HAPPY DAY!!!!!!! My folders were all screwed up because I still had my phone plugged into the computer. Unplugged it and it solved my problem. I now have Crystal on my phone!!!!! :D Finally, I can play it again...*dies*

Last edited:

JacksonsMom

LOL, I liked Pokemon for a certain period of time. I went thru the phase quickly though but I remember watching a ton of Pokemon episodes and collecting the cards... I love Pikachu!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Oh man. I won't even download any of them. I can't afford to get sucked in once again LOL. It got pretty bad when Fire Red/Leaf Green came out back in undergrad. Luckily it was towards the end of the semester and I was able to hold off from starting it until my finals were done :p

I LOVED the card game, though. I had so many and played constantly with my friends. But then I went away to college and one of my brothers found my binder with all of them and SOLD/TRADED THEM FOR OTHER GAMEBOY GAMES. I was beyond pissed. I still am, TBH. It took me SO LONG to collect as many as I had :(

What's everyone's favorite??? Vulpix is mine <3

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Pikachu, Vulpix, and Eevee are mine! I had a lot of cards as well, I believe I sold most of them on ebay years ago. lol

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Always my favorite, forever. (Also: pun!)

Sorry dudes, if you Thunder Stone him at the right time he's more powerful than Pikachu and arguably even cuter!

*blackrose

From the original, Charizard and Growlithe/Arcanine.

I also love me some Houndooms, and Absol is just cool.

Xandra

Pigeot! My Pigeot was my best Pokemon, I used him a ton and he was L100, he could kill anything! He got me through most of the league (my other Pokemon were all L50 or below (except Pikachu, I'm pretty sure he was L70 or something).

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I've been stuck in Mt. Moon for 2 days, finally let myself die and watched a run through on youtube to get through it. The shame! lol

Members online

No members online now.