Greatest American Dog is irritating me

M

MyHorseMyRules

I watched the show last night and I couldn't believe that the judges EXPECTED the dogs to understand they were supposed to lead the puppies out of the maze! That is just plain idiotic, in my opinion. A well trained dog is taught to IGNORE distractions and listen to its owner and this should be the expected response when placed in a maze full of puppies. I felt sorry for Bill and Star. He did push her too far but as someone pointed out, its a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. The judges have lacked consistency in what they want the whole way through the show. Another thing that is really annoying me is the look of absolute "shock" and "disgust" when a dog growls or snaps at another dog. Hello?!?!? If these people want a dog who is completely non-reactive to anything that is disturbing them they need to get a stuffed animal.

*steps off her soapbox*
While I think it was a silly challenge, I don't think they expected the dogs to KNOW to lead the puppies. When I found out what the challenge was, I assumed it was to get the owners to do like JD did and use recall and sit or down or whatever to wait for the puppies. However, I think they shouldn't be faulted for the puppies getting distracted. And I really think that the BC just lucked out. I think JD should have been given special recognition because, in my opinion, he had a good plan and executed it well.

Members online

No members online now.