Baltimore MD & Richmond, VA - Aug 10

Baltimore MD & Richmond, VA - Aug 10 / DE Aug 17

Me and the boys will be heading to Richmond, VA to meet up with my parents and Ben's parents and then head down the coast to Ocracoke, NC. If anyone would like to meet up I'm totally game. I figure we'll be going through Baltimore mid-day and then spend the night in Richmond. If no one is available, but knows of good places to take the dog(s) I'd appreciate it. Baltimore will just be Hudson, but my parents will be bringing their dog so there will be 2 fuzzies

Coming back we are going to go a different route. It's a little quicker and I think by then we'll just be in a hurry to get home. We are willing to stop anywhere in before Philly. If we hit Philly, I think we're just going to suck it up and drive the remaining few hours. Which I DO NOT want to do, so anything to delay our progress is appreciated.

Last edited:

JacksonsMom

Ohhh cool! I'd love to meet an ES! I love Hudson. :)

I hate driving into Baltimore by myself, I get confused, lol, but the Inner Harbor always has people walking dogs around and it's very pretty. There's a few restaurants that have outdoor seating that allow them, as well. I went to Bubba Gump Shrimp and saw a few dogs once.

How long do you think you'd be in Baltimore for? A few hours? Maybe Amber could come with Cricket and Joey.

I don't really know Baltimore too well, but Annapolis has a lot of dog friendly things to do downtown, and a nice park (Quiet Waters). But that's probably out of your way!

Oh, I was wanting to go to this park -- not sure how close it is to Bmore though or where you're going through exactly (I'd guess it's like 15-20 mins away from Bmore), or if you have enough time to do something like this, but anyway, I heard it's real nice: http://www.everytrail.com/guide/gunpowder-falls-state-park-wildlands-loop

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Not sure where specifically that trail is, but the Gunpowder is close to me. I saw White Marsh mentioned on the website, and if it's there, White Marsh is probably much easier to get to off of 95 than Baltimore is. The Inner Harbor is cool as well as Fells Point, they're just a pain to get to. Well not really, but if you have no idea where you are they are. :p

JacksonsMom

Not sure where specifically that trail is, but the Gunpowder is close to me. I saw White Marsh mentioned on the website, and if it's there, White Marsh is probably much easier to get to off of 95 than Baltimore is. The Inner Harbor is cool as well as Fells Point, they're just a pain to get to. Well not really, but if you have no idea where you are they are. :p
LOL, I live here and don't know how to get there (without my handy dandy GPS). You around that day? I'd love to see you and Rumor again. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Mnelchrctjstcfjeb rmahdvr kshjemekectvrushevgjaodirb dangit!!!!!!!!!! You happen to be out here the ONE weekend I'm planning to be out of town. There's a lure coursing trial the 10th and 11th in NJ that I was planning to drive up to. Jsjsgevssuaha crappppppppp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yay! people posted. I was beginning to think no one wanted to meet Hudson (not that I'd blame you, he's kind of a lunatic)

Ohhh cool! I'd love to meet an ES! I love Hudson. :)

I hate driving into Baltimore by myself, I get confused, lol, but the Inner Harbor always has people walking dogs around and it's very pretty. There's a few restaurants that have outdoor seating that allow them, as well. I went to Bubba Gump Shrimp and saw a few dogs once.

How long do you think you'd be in Baltimore for? A few hours? Maybe Amber could come with Cricket and Joey.

I don't really know Baltimore too well, but Annapolis has a lot of dog friendly things to do downtown, and a nice park (Quiet Waters). But that's probably out of your way!

Oh, I was wanting to go to this park -- not sure how close it is to Bmore though or where you're going through exactly (I'd guess it's like 15-20 mins away from Bmore), or if you have enough time to do something like this, but anyway, I heard it's real nice: http://www.everytrail.com/guide/gunpowder-falls-state-park-wildlands-loop
It looks like GoogleMaps has us going into Baltimore on 95, but taking 295 between Baltimore & DC. We can leave NY early enough that we have a few hours mid-day. It will kind of depend on when the Ohio people leave. Their drive is 9 hours, our is only 6 but I'm kind of worried that they'll leave at like O-Dark Thirty and we'll all end up in Richmond at like dinner time. I'd much rather end up in Richmond at sleeping time.

We like easy on, easy off. We'll have a GPS and 2 'smart' phones, but...ya know.

Mnelchrctjstcfjeb rmahdvr kshjemekectvrushevgjaodirb dangit!!!!!!!!!! You happen to be out here the ONE weekend I'm planning to be out of town. There's a lure coursing trial the 10th and 11th in NJ that I was planning to drive up to. Jsjsgevssuaha crappppppppp
Sorry! Isn't that the way these things always work out?

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
LOL, I live here and don't know how to get there (without my handy dandy GPS). You around that day? I'd love to see you and Rumor again. :)
Forgot about this thread, but yes. I'll even be dog-sitting in White Marsh that weekend. How convenient. :D

CaliTerp07

Lucy and I are in Alexandria, right near where 395/95/495 all meet. Old town is the dog friendliest place ever, 5 minutes off 495. Dog friendly restaurants, happy hours, parks, everything.

I would be careful about killing time up here though. 95 between dc and fredericksburg is AWFUL. construction, city traffic, beach traffic...it took me 6 hours in June to get to Williamsburg, and that was leaving at 10 am. I'd try to do that stretch before 9 or after 7 if at all possible.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Definitely what Cali said. 495 during rush hour is awful. 95 anywhere near Fredericksburg is awful almost all the time. It's amazing, really.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm so bummed I won't be in town. Happy to be lure coursing but still bummed.

Lucy and I are in Alexandria, right near where 395/95/495 all meet. Old town is the dog friendliest place ever, 5 minutes off 495. Dog friendly restaurants, happy hours, parks, everything.

I would be careful about killing time up here though. 95 between dc and fredericksburg is AWFUL. construction, city traffic, beach traffic...it took me 6 hours in June to get to Williamsburg, and that was leaving at 10 am. I'd try to do that stretch before 9 or after 7 if at all possible.
Leaving the Baltimore area after 7 would be OK with us. Google Maps says it is 2.5-3 hrs from Baltimore to Richmond, leaving after 7 would get us in around 10ish. My current plans are to hit Richmond, sleep and then hit the road bright and early.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Leaving the Baltimore area after 7 would be OK with us. Google Maps says it is 2.5-3 hrs from Baltimore to Richmond, leaving after 7 would get us in around 10ish. My current plans are to hit Richmond, sleep and then hit the road bright and early.
I'm guessing you will probably be taking 95 down to Richmond? Leaving after rush hour is definitely a better idea though fair warning I've been on 95 numerous times after I thought traffic should have cleared only to find it still backed up. You will be driving down on a Saturday though so you should be good for the most part.

I just found out that the group we are meeting up with, they are planning on being in Richmond at like 5pm. I still think that's a terrible idea, but whatever. I am still hoping to stop in the Baltimore area to get the black and white out for an hour or so.

Hey I'm sorry, I ended up busy ALL day yesterday :( Really wish we could've met you and Hudson. I hope you arrived safely.
That happens. The drive between Baltimore and DC wasn't bad at all. Really it was hardly any traffic compared to NJ. Worst. State. Ever.

Made it to Richmond and now in NC. Will have dog pictures up shortly (if FB stops being stupid)

Members online