Who are you? 2012 Edition

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Nickname/Preferred name: Jessie
About your dog(s): Emma: 2 year old Chihuahua, Rory: 2 year old Border Collie, Tucker: 3 year old Chihuahua, Chloe: 5 year old Chihuahua, Rylie: 6 year old Chihuahua
Interests: Traveling, painting, writing, photography, dogs
Favorite music: A little bit of (mostly) everything. I guess my favorite bands would be Fun, This Providence, The Audition, The Shins... those are who I generally listen to the most.
Favorite book: No favorites, really. I love books, but haven't really determined a favorite
Favorite quote: It was in my siggy for a while, but it's: "Our boats collide, we feel the breeze. We stay afloat and make the most of everything." It's from a Get Up Kids song. I also like "There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." It's from a song I've never heard but I love the quote.
Random fact: I love video games. Most people wouldn't expect that :p

Jessie and Tucker by InLimbo87, on Flickr
Here's a more recent picture from when I went to Scotland. It was during a whiskey distillary tour:

DSC_2187.jpg by InLimbo87, on Flickr

Nickname/Preferred name: Molly
Occupation: Student (Contemporary Media Practice) and Odd jobber (Babysitter,dog walker,mystery shopper,photographer,receptionist)
About your dog(s): Coco,10 month old JRT/Chihuahua cross.My baby <3
Interests: Shopping,Dogs,Photography,Films,Documentaries,travel,Human Rights.
Favorite music: A little bit of everything...
Favorite book: I don't have a favorite,but purely for the impact it had on my life : Harry Potter!
Favorite quote: Eeeek,too many too choose from!
Random fact: I have searched all my life for hair product that can tame my mane,I am still searching and am considering challenging some hair companies to create something that WORKS.

Pictures:
Coco on her first day home:

248099_10150623100495082_3451641_n by sweetheart-roland, on Flickr
Coco over the weekend:

IMG_0053 by sweetheart-roland, on Flickr
Me,my sister and Coco over Christmas:

409069_10151130173490082_571315081_22493269_948613097_n by sweetheart-roland, on Flickr

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Nickname/Preferred name: Tanya
About your dog(s): Belle is a bluetick coonhound and we estimate that she is approx 7 years old. Beezer is (best guess) a greyhound pointer mix and we estimate him to be about 5 or 6
Interests: DISNEY!!!!!!
Favorite music: Country. I really like a bit of everything... if anyone ever looked at my ipod they would have me committed thinking I had multiple personalities lol.
Favorite book: Gosh I don't know. I'm the kind of person that reads a book once and then move on to the next one but I've always had a soft spot for Charlotte's Web... yes I know that's a kids book :p
Favorite quote: Just about any Walt Disney quote. there are so many good ones. "It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Random fact: I am a 5 year old trapped in a 30 year old body lol. I love to play with toys, play games, play on playground equipment etc etc. That's why I like Disney so much... it's the one place I can act like a child and no one notices. In the real world I get a lot of strange looks lol

I can't find a photo of the dogs at the moment lol I need a better system for organizing all my photos
Tanya, I just gotta say it... You look fabulous!!!!!

jenv101

Bite Club
Nickname/Preferred name: Jen
About your dog(s): Riley is a two year old Malinois (aka Mr. Serious and Monkey)
Aura is an almost one year old Malinois (Riley's little sister aka Princess and Honey Badger)

Interests: Dogs, dog training, photography (fine art/film), Music, health & wellness
Favorite music: Mostly alt. rock but I'm open to anything that doesn't suck
Favorite book: When I was a kid it was Rin Tin Tin. Now, I don't really have one.
Favorite quote: "Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." ~ Oscar Wilde
Random fact: I've kissed a kodiak bear and a stingray. I plan to add to this list!

I don't have a recent family shot (need to get one!) Here is one from when Riley was still kinda little-ish

More recent of me and Riley:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Nickname/Preferred name: Beanie. Imagine that.
Occupation: Radio by day, dog training by night, graphic/web design by whenever I can get some cash thrown my way for a project.
About your dog(s): Auggie, six year old bad bad bad sheltie; Pepper, three year old sheltie pretending she's not bad (currently lives with Auggie's breeder); and Payton, not quite one year old sheltie, still refining his badness.
Interests: Running, training the dogs, agility, baking, video games, photography and scrapbooking, other artistic things when I have time/inspiration.
Favorite music: A little bit of everything. I largely gravitate towards things of the rock nature, be it classic rock, modern rock, alt rock, punk rock. I also really love techno and other dance stuff.
Favorite book: I honestly don't think I have just one I could say is my all-time fave.
Favorite quote: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Random fact: I work in a job where I'm at a computer all day, and look for jobs (design) where I'd be at a computer all day... but I actually prefer to be up, doing stuff, and NOT be sitting in front of a computer.

I don't have many pics because I'm almost always the one behind the camera. I bought a remote for my camera so I'll try to get some more recent pics today or tomorrow of me with the boys... in the meantime:

my little Peppy. just one of those pictures. apparently if you see me and Pepper together it's obvious she is my dog and I am her person. I don't know how that works, it just does. I've always loved her with all my heart so I guess that's why.

all three brats! I had to hold the two younger ones because they were trying to make a break for it, haha. And Auggie is like "I'm SIX! I'm a GOOD BOY! I can STAY! LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME."

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Tanya, I just gotta say it... You look fabulous!!!!!
Thank you :) I feel great too, that's the best part. i was looking through some old photos the other day and OMG I still can't believe I was that heavy and I can't believe I lost (most of) it :)

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
We are a sexy group of people, I must say.

Beanie - I LOVE your hair. I have a thing for the red headed variety ;) Lol.

Dogs6

Plus One
Nickname/Preferred name: Ryan
Occupation: Student/ Stable Hand/ Cashier/ Dishwasher/ manual labourer when I need money
About your dog(s): Fudge-4 :)yikes:) yo GSD/BC mix and the most perfect dog in the world.
Scamp- 3yo JRT and the "good" dog.
Aura- 4 mo Lab/springer mix and a complete nuisance!
Interests: Dogs, horse reading, anything animal related etc.
Favorite music: I'll listen to almost anything but The Top 40 is what I usually listen to.
Favorite book: Harry Potter/ Hunger Games/ Anything by Joyce Stranger
Favorite quote: Family... you can't live with them and sometimes they are lucky you don't carry concealed weapons!
Random fact: I desperately want a siamese cat.

Most recent (horrible) pic from this year.

Not quite so horrible pic from this year

An old picture of me and the dogs ( you can tell this is before aura because I'm able to nap during the day and all the dogs are actually lying down)

A very old picture of 12yo me and puppy Taz.

AliciaD

On second thought...
OMG, this is awful. I've had the genders of some people sooooo wrong. Gah.

And I assumed you all were white with blonde hair....

Dreeza

Nickname/Preferred name: Andrea
About your dog(s): Oakley - he is a 7.5 yr old, crazy mutt. He has been one heck of a handful from the beginning. He is a rescue & was most likely going to be used as a bait dog in dog fighting ring (who knows though). He is fear aggressive, unpredictable & a spaz. And I love him with all my heart!

Interests: I'm mildly obsessed with my job, love learning about health/nutrition/exercise, cooking, outdoorsy stuff & watching TV

Favorite music: top 40 hits. Seriously.

Favorite book: ehhh...I love so many that I read. Bridge to Terabithia is a childhood favorite though

Favorite quote:
"Never mistake motion for action." - Hemingway
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Bertrand Russell

Random fact:I was born with a gigantic birthmark that covered like 1/3 of my body. I looked like an oreo coming out of the womb. Luckily, it has drastically faded over time!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nickname/Preferred name: Fran works! lol

Occupation: College student. Have a bacholors in Animal science and well on my way to getting my english degree (law school here I come. woot woot!)

About your dog(s):
- Romeo. 6 pound terror and casanova. Chihuahua. Lives with a family member, but she calls me his baby daddy :rofl1:
- Aussie puppy on the way!

Interests: Dogs, reading, writing, long walks, running, tumblring, eating, napping, the internet is general

Favorite music: Taylor Swift
Oh and first of all, full disclosure, I have FAR too many movie soundtracks/composers on my ipod lol
John Powell (He is an amazing composer.. did the soundtrack to How to Train your dragon. Love it), James newton Howard (another one of my favorite movie composers..Peter pan soundtrack is amazing, as are all his other film scores)
Regina Spektor, her music is just magical and lovely
Bowling for soup (just really fun pop rock)
Owl City
and a lot of random top 40 kind of things

Favorite books: Peter pan, Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, The hunger games series, Anything Lemony Snicket, Catcher in the rye, Looking for Alaska and all other John Green books are a guilty pleasure!

Favorite quote:
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.†- Roald Dahl

“It's important to remember that we all have magic inside us. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better"
~ J. K. Rowling

"In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on."
robert frost

But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in prince charming and happily ever after. that's why I write these songs.I believe Love is Fearless
TAYLOR SWIFT

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed
ACHILLES

Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.
- Oscar Wilde

What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death
- Dave Berry

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot

‎"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars..to change the world.â€
— Harriet Tubman

The world isn’t split into good people and death eaters. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is what the part you choose to act on. That’s who we really are.
SIRIUS BLACK

What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?
JOHN GREEN

Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.†- Taylor Swift

It is better to be faithful than famous

At times the world can seem an unfriendly and sinister place, but believe us when we say that there is much more good in it than bad. All you have to do is look hard enough. And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may, in fact, be the first steps of a journey.
- Lemony Snicket

Random fact: I'm an introvert. Many people consider introverts to be shy, but I'm not. I love my friends and family, I enjoy the company of people and I am very talkative and outgoing.
but I need to be by myself to re-charge and need alone time/quiet or else I get very very stressed

Some pictures

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
OMG, this is awful. I've had the genders of some people sooooo wrong. Gah.

And I assumed you all were white with blonde hair....
Did you assume I was white with blonde hair? :rofl1:

I generally assume you are a girl on chaz, unless you post pictures (or give me a reason to think otherwise!). There are so many girls.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Did you assume I was white with blonde hair? :rofl1:

I generally assume you are a girl on chaz, unless you post pictures (or give me a reason to think otherwise!). There are so many girls.
It's just the picture that comes to mind. You are all petite ladies with long, straight blonde hair in my eyes. Unless your icon is of you, I just kind of think you all look alike. Like a giant Chaz army.

This is what you all look like

And I'm a redhead, so it's not even like I was thinking you all look like slightly different versions of me!

Also, everyone but Blue and Eddie are girls.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It's just the picture that comes to mind. You are all petite ladies with long, straight blonde hair in my eyes. Unless your icon is of you, I just kind of think you all look alike. Like a giant Chaz army.

This is what you all look like

And I'm a redhead, so it's not even like I was thinking you all look like slightly different versions of me!

Also, everyone but Blue and Eddie are girls.
We have a few more boys...

Dogs6
Puckstop31
Releasethehounds
Glassonion

Is that it? Lol

Eddie kinda resembles the blonde girl you pictured above but only on saturday nights :p

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Eddie kinda resembles the blonde girl you pictured above but only on saturday nights :p
This made me :lol-sign::lol-sign::lol-sign: so much.
I have had a sh!tty night and holy moly that made me laugh so hard, I am easily amused :p

It's funny, all of the non-dog related forums I've ever been on have been populated almost entirely of men. But on all of the dog related forums I've been on, the vast majority are women.

Members online