The Venting Thread

Lyzelle

Everyone keeps telling me I'm missing out by not going to Italy. That I should just go, because it's an opportunity of a lifetime!

Yeah, well, **** all of you nosy POS assholes.

And that's all I have for that. Mind your own business.

CaliTerp07

Everyone keeps telling me I'm missing out by not going to Italy. That I should just go, because it's an opportunity of a lifetime!

Yeah, well, **** all of you nosy POS assholes.

And that's all I have for that. Mind your own business.
Wait, what happened?! I thought you were in transit and it was just a week or two away? (Or is that not minding my own business?)

Lyzelle

Wait, what happened?! I thought you were in transit and it was just a week or two away? (Or is that not minding my own business?)
No, Jin and I are separating for the time being. But family and (not) friends are pestering and trying to gossip. And trying to guilt trip me into going. Just driving me crazy on top of dealing with the situation itself.

Saeleofu

No, Jin and I are separating for the time being. But family and (not) friends are pestering and trying to gossip. And trying to guilt trip me into going. Just driving me crazy on top of dealing with the situation itself.
Tell them to GTFO and STFU. Really, though, that's SUPER annoying :/ Good luck, and it will get better, and people will eventually stop pestering you about it. Eventually.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
People who repost stuff like this onto my facebook wall:

Its just ridiculous.

Also this smiley because I've always wanted to use it

:fighting0040:

Crappy day from start to finish and I'm just laying here in bed so upset and depressed I can't sleep. Dealt with a not-right puppy, a know it all husband who did not even catch my sarcastic, flippant response because his ego was so inflated, a bad training session because of above-mentioned ego man and then had to come sleep in the bedroom because he was tossing and turning so much. Just frustrated with life and SO annoyed with DH for so many reasons.

Equinox

Crappy day from start to finish and I'm just laying here in bed so upset and depressed I can't sleep. Dealt with a not-right puppy, a know it all husband who did not even catch my sarcastic, flippant response because his ego was so inflated, a bad training session because of above-mentioned ego man and then had to come sleep in the bedroom because he was tossing and turning so much. Just frustrated with life and SO annoyed with DH for so many reasons.
Ugh, that just sucks :( Internet (((hugs))) for you and a lot of love. Hope you can get some rest soon - maybe hug a puppy or two? Ph/Fat Man always makes me laugh, even through pictures.

I deal with bad attitudes the same way I deal with Trent on an off day. I pretend he doesn't exist until he's reasonable again and I'm feeling generous (problem solving at its finest :p). Too bad dogs are still more likable and a lot easier to forgive.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I'm going to kill the cat. If you leave any sort of food out, which includes things such as coffee, she rips the packaging open and either eats the contents or spreads it everywhere. She shredded an empty bag of dog food all over the dining room last week. This was after she had opened the closet to get to the not-yet-opened bag and I had to dump it in with the food already in the container. I just got home less than an hour ago and hadn't put the lamb lung away yet. I may have strangled her if I hadn't gotten to it before she actually ate any. And of course her brother likes food but isn't interested in pissing anyone off, so he just sits and watches and abandons ship when he hears me coming.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Dear customer

Is it really worth your $7 to put down and humiliate and degrade retail workers so they do what you want? Is it necessary to call us uneducated failures who can't get a real job? For seven fracking dollars?

I'm on the verge of tears. I can't do this anymore.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just checked my bank account balance.
Eep.

I've been considering getting a second job at a strip club. Except I don't think we have any around here.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I just checked my bank account balance.
Eep.

I've been considering getting a second job at a strip club. Except I don't think we have any around here.
I'm in your boat. :( Just came here to post a similar vent. My bank account is at a dangerous level. I don't want to succumb. I've been working 60+ hours a week trying to make ends meet, growing AlliePets and working dayjob. I don't want to lose my house and everything I've worked so hard for... not to mention I worry for my pets. This is terrifying and making me revert to anxiety mode.

Toller_08

I don't expect anybody to read this, but it feels better to write it all out.

I'm getting to the point of really, really not liking my job. At all. I dread Monday mornings and knowing I have to make the trek back to this place. All week I just count down the days until Saturday finally arrives again, and then before I know it, Sunday night is back. I hate coming into work to a stupid note saying something along the lines of "last week was slow, you could have done this, this and this" when I already did those things. And because she's my boss, I can't tell her that I left the store on Friday in better condition than she left it for me this morning. She's a nice person, but she's so nitpicky and it doesn't matter what I do or how much I clean, it's as if she doesn't notice. And I feel like she thinks it's my fault last week was so slow, eventhough she said she doesn't think it's me... there's always an underlying tone of "well, it's busy on the weekends when I'm here (so it must be you)". Of course it's busy on the weekends. It's always been because everyone shops on the weekend. It's busy on the weekend when I'm here, too. I feel like I'm pretty good at my job, so I hate feeling like I'm being blamed for a slow week.

I hate the commute to work. It takes me at least an hour to get here. I have to walk a fair ways to the train station (which it's bad in the spring/summer, but sucks in the winter because of the ice), get on the train, get off the train, stand around waiting for a bus, get on the bus, sit on the bus while the driver reads a newspaper for a while, and then finally get to work. To a stupid nitpicky note. And customers who think it's all my fault if we're out of a product, and talk to me like I'm the stupidest, worst person in the world because I'm 'just a retail worker'.

I wish I had better training. I wish I got to go to seminars and stuff so I could learn more about each individual product. It seems a few Chazzers have a similar job to mine and they're all super confident in their knowledge and get to go and learn things. I feel like while I do pretty good at my job, I could be better if I had some more actual education rather than basing what I know off of mostly my own research and my own pets and the bit of information I got out of reading the training manual.

There are a few things to like about my job and are things that keep me here: I work alone (which is mostly good, sometimes boring), I get to bring Journey, aside from the nitpicking I generally like my boss and know that she does appreciate me, and I usually only work weekdays which is nearly unheard of in retail.

But I can't do this forever. I really do not want to live at home forever. I'd like to move out within the next year or two. I need a job that pays well so that I can support myself on my own, preferably something that is Mon-Fri and not something I need to go to school for a hundred years for. I'm not very good at school. I learn better hands-on and having someone show me, rather than trying to read and comprehend and learn from what I just read. And even if I did want to go to school, I have no idea what for. I just want to figure out my life and get on with it. I'm already going to be 23 and feel like I've kind of just wasted my life since I graduated High School and time has just flown by. I want to be successful at something and have a good job/career that hopefully I might enjoy or at least won't mind doing for the rest of my life.

To top it all off, it's really just been a crappy couple of months. My mom got a boyfriend in January (first one ever since divorcing my dad) and while she's very rarely ever home now (which is weird for her), when she is home she's just weird. It's like she barely listens to anything we say, she's talked to me a few times recently like I'm 10 years old... and I don't know. It just feels strange and not right, but she doesn't notice a difference at all. Usually she's a really quirky, funny person and we get along super well, and lately it's like I'm just avoiding a big fight. And I can't talk to her about it because 1) she gets immediately defensive and never realizes what she could have done to contribute to an issue and just goes off on a tangent of all the things I might have done to annoy her in the last year, and 2) I feel like crying everytime I try to bring anything up, which is really annoying. I've been on the verge of tears or crying more in the last two months than I've ever been my entire life I think and I wish it would stop.

Ugh. I wish I could sort my life out and feel like I'm going somewhere rather than sitting at a dead end, and I wish my relationship with my mom would get back to normal. Mostly my life is pretty good, but I feel like everything is just piling up and falling apart lately. The good news is that I've finally made some friends with the same dog interests as me. Hanging out with them on the weekend is the highlight of my week.

Ugh, that just sucks :( Internet (((hugs))) for you and a lot of love. Hope you can get some rest soon - maybe hug a puppy or two? Ph/Fat Man always makes me laugh, even through pictures.

I deal with bad attitudes the same way I deal with Trent on an off day. I pretend he doesn't exist until he's reasonable again and I'm feeling generous (problem solving at its finest :p). Too bad dogs are still more likable and a lot easier to forgive.
Thanks. I was surprised how much it helped to write it out and say it. Puppy hugs helped, but since Little Boy was part of the sadness, it was a mixed blessing.

It wasn't a bad attitude as much as a "I know it all, listen to me me". Which I just want to smack him since I've been in this sport longer than him. Just annoyed me and made a bad day worse. Then in playing with Raptor during obedience my upper leg is black and blue and bloody. :rofl1:

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
To top it all off, it's really just been a crappy couple of months. My mom got a boyfriend in January (first one ever since divorcing my dad) and while she's very rarely ever home now (which is weird for her), when she is home she's just weird. It's like she barely listens to anything we say, she's talked to me a few times recently like I'm 10 years old... and I don't know. It just feels strange and not right, but she doesn't notice a difference at all. Usually she's a really quirky, funny person and we get along super well, and lately it's like I'm just avoiding a big fight. And I can't talk to her about it because 1) she gets immediately defensive and never realizes what she could have done to contribute to an issue and just goes off on a tangent of all the things I might have done to annoy her in the last year, and 2) I feel like crying everytime I try to bring anything up, which is really annoying. I've been on the verge of tears or crying more in the last two months than I've ever been my entire life I think and I wish it would stop.

Ugh. I wish I could sort my life out and feel like I'm going somewhere rather than sitting at a dead end, and I wish my relationship with my mom would get back to normal. Mostly my life is pretty good, but I feel like everything is just piling up and falling apart lately. The good news is that I've finally made some friends with the same dog interests as me. Hanging out with them on the weekend is the highlight of my week.
Are we the same person? I read your entire rant and I really hope things get better for you. :(

I'm around the same age (22) and I remember what it was like when my mum got her first boyfriend after she divorced my father. Yesterday was actually their six year anniversary. While I'm super thrilled she's happy and has found someone, it hasn't really been the same between us since. My mum and I used to be super close and did everything together, and now it's like she's barely around anymore. I mean yeah, I've grown up a lot too (I was 16 when they first started dating, and I'm 22 now), so it's not like I'm around as much either. But man, sometimes it still really bums me out. And when I've tried to talk to her about how I feel our relationship isn't the same anymore, she gets really defensive. It's weird, it's like we've completely grown apart. I used to confide in her about absolutely everything when I was younger, but now I don't really feel comfortable talking to her. And like I said, it's partially my fault too, because I'm also out quite a bit with university and work .. but it's still crappy all around. Anyway, no real point to my post other than to say that I totally feel for you! If you ever need anyone to talk to, it sounds like we have a lot in common!

My rant for the day is UGH I hate commuting all the way downtown for a one hour meeting. It takes like 75 minutes each way of commuting and it's mandatory. So freakin lame.

chaospony

I don't expect anybody to read this, but it feels better to write it all out.

I'm getting to the point of really, really not liking my job. At all. I dread Monday mornings and knowing I have to make the trek back to this place. All week I just count down the days until Saturday finally arrives again, and then before I know it, Sunday night is back. I hate coming into work to a stupid note saying something along the lines of "last week was slow, you could have done this, this and this" when I already did those things. And because she's my boss, I can't tell her that I left the store on Friday in better condition than she left it for me this morning. She's a nice person, but she's so nitpicky and it doesn't matter what I do or how much I clean, it's as if she doesn't notice. And I feel like she thinks it's my fault last week was so slow, eventhough she said she doesn't think it's me... there's always an underlying tone of "well, it's busy on the weekends when I'm here (so it must be you)". Of course it's busy on the weekends. It's always been because everyone shops on the weekend. It's busy on the weekend when I'm here, too. I feel like I'm pretty good at my job, so I hate feeling like I'm being blamed for a slow week.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! I am not in retail but your daily grind sounds so much like mine.
I hate hate haaaaaate my job these days. I come home so miserable and stressed it's not even funny.
My boss is going away for two weeks in mid April. If she is still a contrary miserable sod when she gets back I've decided I'm quitting. I am going to try walking dogs for awhile and see what happens after that.

Huge hugs, I know how draining it is just trying to survive the week.

Members online

No members online now.