rescue or breeding or both

i wasnt sure where to post this, but I was wondering if you think rescue should be for people who are against breeding, or a breed specfic rescue can be run by a good breeder?

Oh I forgot to add, that i think all rescue dogs should not be bred from as you dont know there background, so if the two were to be combined then theey would have to be spayed

Ok sorry i will try again, do you think a breeder can run a breed specific rescue as well or do you think they should concentrate on one of the other?

Brattina88

I think that people who rescue dogs should be open-minded about good breeding, but naturally 200% against BYBs. I've seen breed specific rescues run by very didicated breeders. They really care about the breed, and while they are breeding to improve/help the breed and at the same time taking care of the less fortunate ones. As long as they aren't too overwelmed to do either it says a lot about the breeder.
Of course the rescues should [ideally] be fixed, but there are always exceptions (like a breeder getting back one of there puppies from a bad owner, they know the parents/lines and can truly evaluate them as a pet and/or breeding stock.

durvish

I think it would be very natural for a breeder to do breed specific rescue. They already care alot about the breed and know the needs for a specific (sp?) breed and can evaluate each rescue according to the breeds needs.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
in my opinion, a good breeder should also be involved in rescue. :)

thanks, it is something i have always thaught about but a lot of rescues seem to think all breeders are bad, if it is soemthing I deside on doing all rescues will be spayed/neutered

Members online

No members online now.