I hate bimbos

Dekka

Just try me..
Great posts Fran.

Its ok to be annoyed. But why waste hate (which is a very strong emotion) on people who are enjoying life, even if its not how you think they should. Someone being happy isn't hurting you. Are you jealous at their happiness?

I am a very optimistic person, and if we go by IQ scores as a measurement of intelligence (not that that is the best, just as a metric) then I am quite intelligent.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What do we call happy people if they're male? The happiest, most optimistic person I know is one of my co-workers. I have never, in a year and a half, heard him say one word that was not positive. Even in the face of emergencies with his kids or other things of that nature, he is always positive. And genuine. I always thought he was just trying to be professional but I have a friend that has known him for over 20 years and says she has never heard him say a word that isn't positive. Never says a negative word about any others. I honestly greatly admire him and his attitude. I think if more people were like that then the world would be a lot happier in general.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Then slap a nametag on me "BIMBO"

I am perky, happy, downright saccharine. People at my old job used to tease me and says things like "Everyone has a bad day... well everyone except Tanya. she's always smiling" lol it's true.

Tha's not to say I don't have a bad day every now and then. everyone does. however, I look around at all the incredible blessings in my life and think how ridiculous it is to let one insignificant thing ruin my day when I am surrounded by wonderful things.

I don't know how intelligent I am. I'm not an intellectual but I'm also not an idiot. i just CHOOSE to be happy :)

Dekka

Just try me..
On a side note, I choose to be happy too Sparks. But its not that simple for everyone. I have a friend I wish could do that, but she battles with depression. If she could just choose to be happy I am sure she would.

Then again maybe I don't choose to be happy lol. Maybe I would suck at being down, can't say I have really tried.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
On a side note, I choose to be happy too Sparks. But its not that simple for everyone. I have a friend I wish could do that, but she battles with depression. If she could just choose to be happy I am sure she would.

Then again maybe I don't choose to be happy lol. Maybe I would suck at being down, can't say I have really tried.
I didn't say otherwise. Just that it's not because I'm "incapable" of processing bad stuff or because "I'm too feable minded" to get it. I am not a happy person because I'm an airhead. I'm happy because I choose to be. My sister is miserable, always has been. not happy unless she's complaining. As a teenager one day I decided I did NOT want to be like her. I did not want to go through life one complaint after another. I wanted to be happy. so I choose to be happy. I'm not happy just because I'm a simpleton... or maybe I am and I'm just too stupid to know better :)

Fran27

I don't really know how I feel about it. But yeah when I have that friend on FB who's always posting how wonderful life is, how god is good etc... ugh. I can't help thinking about that other friend who just lost her dad or whatever, and I want to smack her a good one.

I think the main issue for me is like those moms who only post about how wonderful her kids are, how blessed she is etc... I mean... I'm happy she feels this way. But it makes 'normal' moms who can have bad days (like me) feel ungrateful and well, awful. I'm using this example because I have some friends like that, lol. But it can be the same for everything really. I'm glad they're happy, I just don't like how they throw it at everyone's face all the time (like when I'm venting to my mom and she tells me there are worse things in the world... jee, thanks mom for sympathizing...).

Hope it makes sense.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
See, that's me. I post on facebook a lot about the blessings in my life day to day and about hannah a lot and about God being good. Most of that is for the benefit of my family that I rarely get to see. My mother loves keeping up with our daily activities and photos while she is at work. She doesn't get to see hannah but once or twice a year. This helps her feel like she isn't missing out on her growing up.

There is sO much negativity, I don't want to add more. I try not to complain much because in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to complain about.

If someone is struggling I will be the first person to lend an ear and a shoulder and say a prayer for them.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Tha's not to say I don't have a bad day every now and then. everyone does. however, I look around at all the incredible blessings in my life and think how ridiculous it is to let one insignificant thing ruin my day when I am surrounded by wonderful things.
There is sO much negativity, I don't want to add more. I try not to complain much because in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to complain about.

If someone is struggling I will be the first person to lend an ear and a shoulder and say a prayer for them.
I agree! I'm one of those people who is always happy and always smiling. I figure that, if anything, it will make other people happy as well. I've only gotten compliments for having a positive attitude- no one has ever complained about it!

I truly love my life and feel very blessed. I have a lot to be thankful for- life is amazing and there are many more positives than negatives.

So... sign me up on the "your definition of bimbo" list.

Did you know the word bimbo used to be a derogatory term for men?

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
I used to be the guy who could find the negative in almost anything. Then my life radically changed a few months ago when God bonked me on the noggin, hard. I realized how utterly stupid it is to be a negative person. How it hurt my testimony.

Now, I live my life as a "bimbo" I guess. ;) But it is really more than that. I strive to live my life in a way that gives witness to the hope that lies within me. Anything less would be a disservice to my Creator.

Do I struggle? YES. Panic/Anxiety symptoms suck. But, because of the hope that lies within me, its all good and for good reason. Thus my Lemons -> Lemonade view of the world today.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
"It is very rare to find an intelligent person that is also happy."
Ernest Hemingway was a seriously depressed, drunk, misogonistic human being. Of course he saw life that way! He also later took a shotgun to his own head sooo.. I'd say his view on the world probably isn't one that we should just take as truth in all honesty.

Psychology has actually studied intelligence quite intimately. They define intelligence in many different ways, but all of these different answers are unified by three commonalities.

1. Intelligence is defined as observable objective behavior.
2. Involves the acquisition of knowledge and application of problem solving solutions.
3. Exercised in adapting to ones environment.

Frequency of smiling or peppy quotes.. not in there lol there really is no co-relation.
but because people like pictures. A few pictures of some other men (like hemingway) who are both geniuses..and pretty happy lol

people should feel the way they want to feel and act the way they want to act and it's your personality so go ahead :) but please people, don't assume that level of intelligence, sexual history, religion, blood type or other wild accusations can be made on something as fickle and everchanging as mood.

The word bimbo is not a pleasant word and as Laurelin mentioned, there IS NO male equivalent. Because it is a word mean to demean women into unthinking airheaded sex objects. The media does enough of trying to push that label onto women.. I am by no means going to help them out.

Fran27

See, that's me. I post on facebook a lot about the blessings in my life day to day and about hannah a lot and about God being good. Most of that is for the benefit of my family that I rarely get to see. My mother loves keeping up with our daily activities and photos while she is at work. She doesn't get to see hannah but once or twice a year. This helps her feel like she isn't missing out on her growing up.

There's a fine line though. I mean I have friends who post pictures of their kids all the time, saying how much fun they had and whatnot... it's great. But the random status updates saying 'I'm so blessed' or whatever get really old when you're having a bad day or something, lol. Especially when it's all they're posting. Honestly my favorite friends tend to post vents but in a funny/sarcastic ways, it makes me feel more normal, lol. I haD that 'friend' who kept posting about all the new fancy stuff she was getting, all her nice vacations etc... I had to unfriend her. It was just getting so old.

Personally, I don't like sharing my happiness to everyone's faces. I'll post 'we had a great day at the park' or whatnot, but that's it really.. I have a lot of friends in very difficult situations right now and it just wouldn't feel right for me to post all the time that I'm happy, when they are struggling so much. At the same time, I don't really want to vent much either because I know those people are in way worse situations than I am.

I have to add though, most of the friends I have are people I've met on twin/parenting forums. There's only a couple I actually know in real life (for now). So I would probably feel differently if it was someone close to me.

Fran27

Fran it's interesting but I've never ever met a 'always happy' guy. I mean, in the sense of a guy who's always saying how happy he is. I guess there are some happy enough but being men, they don't feel the need to share :D

I believe intelligent people can be happy. My brother is quite happy and he's pretty much a genius.

Doberluv

I'd so much rather be around people who are the cheerful, thankful, and positive types than those who focus too hard on all the negative things in their lives, who whine and complain about everything. That gets really old. And to think people who are up beat, laughy or silly are mindless air heads is just about the dumbest thing I ever heard. Some of the most intellectual, educated, and sensible people I know have enough smarts to know how to enjoy life.;)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
My other half is extremely fun, hilarious, and personable. He also is brilliant in many ways. He also had type1 diabetes which was diagnosed at 12. He spends his life monitoring his diet, stabbing himself with needles, burning from insulin injections, suffering from blood sugar fluctuations, and all of the other depressing symptoms of having a dead (essential) organ in your body.

The fact he can still be so clever, so strong, and so thankful for life makes him my hero.

I feel sorry for people who not only lack such amazing coping skills but also find the need to degrade those who have them.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
To be honest, just seeing or hearing the word "bimbo" instantly makes me lose all respect for the source.

I feel sorry for people who not only lack such amazing coping skills but also find the need to degrade those who have them.
True that.

RD

Are you dead yet?
My other half is extremely fun, hilarious, and personable. He also is brilliant in many ways. He also had type1 diabetes which was diagnosed at 12. He spends his life monitoring his diet, stabbing himself with needles, burning from insulin injections, suffering from blood sugar fluctuations, and all of the other depressing symptoms of having a dead (essential) organ in your body.

The fact he can still be so clever, so strong, and so thankful for life makes him my hero.

:hail:

There are many types of people who annoy me but I realize thats on me....its my hangup (and probably what annoys others about me!)

I tend to be kind of negative but I try really hard not to. Its not a good place to be.

I have a friend who is very well, chill. She is always smiling and finds the positives....she is also extremely smart, loyal, and trustworthy - just an all around great person.

And yes, the word bimbo - shudder - lets not judge other women by misogynistic ideals:/

bim·bo/ˈbimbō/
Noun:
derogatory. An attractive but empty-headed young woman, esp. one perceived as a willing sex object.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

Very much that.

My husband is also one of those horrible bimbos. He always has such a positive attitude and is nice and happy to everyone. He's also one of the most intelligent people I know.

Members online