Bus monitor not pressing charges

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Being expelled doesn't mean you don't have to go to school. It just means you have to go to school somewhere else. It means odds are new school, new friends, and a little bit of inconvenience and shame along with it. When someone screwed up when I was in school it usually caused you to have to spend a year or two either being homeschooled, at the alternative school, at the school in the local juv hall, or the next district over.
Expelled means you're gone from that school district -- not just that school. There's only really four districts here -- public, , French and catholic. If you're Expelled from public, good luck getting a private school to accept you, unless your mother is a baptized catholic, as well as you, good luck getting into catholic district, and unless you are fluent in French, good luck getting into French district.

So yah, for most parents around here whose children get expelled, and I'm gonna go ahead and say that if the child is acting that way, the parents of that child, it means no more school, or very bad "home schooling", because the parents are just not involved.

Barbara!

I'd ship my child off to boot camp. Point blank. That is unacceptable. I don't know how any child could find it okay to behave like that. And if I had been on that bus, I would have smacked some sense into them. That poor lady is too nice. I've been in fights before at my own school for people being rude to the teachers. This truly makes me sick to my stomach. That poor woman.

yoko

I know she doesn't want to see them but I read she wanted to donate some money to a few foundations that help with autistic kids. Maybe she should pick where they have to do community service? I mean obviously away from people since they have already shown they can't be trusted there. But clean up or outdoor stuff away from people I wouldn't think would be a problem

Also they should just never be allowed on a school bus again.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Wow. Unbelievable. If that was my kid, summer vacation would be canceled and boot camp would be booked. I don't think there is enough community service or helping that poor lady out around her house to fix what is wrong with these kids. This isn't a prank, they didn't slide a fart pillow under her butt. They were cruel without disregard to anything.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Wow. Unbelievable. If that was my kid, summer vacation would be canceled and boot camp would be booked. I don't think there is enough community service or helping that poor lady out around her house to fix what is wrong with these kids. This isn't a prank, they didn't slide a fart pillow under her butt. They were cruel without disregard to anything.
This.

Those kids are terrible- I couldn't ever imagine disrespecting anyone like that, ever!

If I were that woman, I would never want those kids around me AGAIN. I think having them do chores for me would make things way worse, because I'd KNOW they were only there as a punishment.

I was as disgusted as one could be watching that video. I think any punishment short of death would fit. The callousness and total disregard for another human being was sickening.

ACooper

I would like to say I feel sick to my stomach watching just a few minutes of that :(

Also like to say the bus monitor obviously should not be doing that job. I feel sorry for her, nobody should have to go through that. That being said though, anyone who's worked/volunteered in the public school system knows you can't show weakness, you must stand up, take names, follow procedures to deal with the unruly from the first moment on. If they see one chink in your armor, they will swarm you like a pack of sharks.

Can't deal with the sight of blood? Don't go into the medical field.
Can't take charge and enforce codes of conduct? Don't go into the public education system.

I think that they should be kicked off the bus for a looooong time. If you're an asshat on the bus you don't ride the bus and your parents have to move heaven and earth to figure out how to get you to and from school. They also should be kept out of all extra curricular actives for a long time--no sports, no dances, no clubs, nothing. All to be followed up with many hours of community service.....
Absolutely. Riding the bus is a PRIVILEGE and convenience. Can't follow the bus rules and/or standard consideration for others? GTFO the bus and don't come back.

This is a punishment for the parents as they will have to get their child back and forth to the school, if they don't (at least around here) they end up in a court explaining why their kid missed too many days of school. Parents get punished.........it's all good 'cause sh!t rolls down hill my friend. Every day that parent has to get their child to school is a reminder, if the parent is reminded, the kid gets reminded too.

I think that they should be kicked off the bus for a looooong time. If you're an asshat on the bus you don't ride the bus and your parents have to move heaven and earth to figure out how to get you to and from school.
Agreed 100%. Act like that on the bus, don't get to ride the bus. The end.

Expelled means you're gone from that school district -- not just that school. There's only really four districts here -- public, , French and catholic. If you're Expelled from public, good luck getting a private school to accept you, unless your mother is a baptized catholic, as well as you, good luck getting into catholic district, and unless you are fluent in French, good luck getting into French district.

So yah, for most parents around here whose children get expelled, and I'm gonna go ahead and say that if the child is acting that way, the parents of that child, it means no more school, or very bad "home schooling", because the parents are just not involved.

This happened in New York. What happens around you when a kid is expelled has nothing to do with anything.

LauraLeigh

Sadly, and it's a bit OT because I also am in Canada but here when a kids booted from the bus the school board (read our tax dollars) pay for a taxi!!!!!

I could not watch the video... It broke my heart....

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
This.

Those kids are terrible- I couldn't ever imagine disrespecting anyone like that, ever!

If I were that woman, I would never want those kids around me AGAIN. I think having them do chores for me would make things way worse, because I'd KNOW they were only there as a punishment.
For me, knowing they were doing MY work as their punishment would be oh so sweet! But you know, to each their own.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Also like to say the bus monitor obviously should not be doing that job. I feel sorry for her, nobody should have to go through that. That being said though, anyone who's worked/volunteered in the public school system knows you can't show weakness, you must stand up, take names, follow procedures to deal with the unruly from the first moment on. If they see one chink in your armor, they will swarm you like a pack of sharks.

Can't deal with the sight of blood? Don't go into the medical field.
Can't take charge and enforce codes of conduct? Don't go into the public education system.

This. I feel bad for her, I really do. But how effective of a bus monitor is she if she just sits there and allows that to happen? Did she let them treat other students that way?

Sincerely,

A mean librarian who LOVES tossing kids like that out in the street. Even got to get the police involved with a particularly nasty kid a few weeks ago. LOL

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I don't trust them around people why would I trust them around my possessions?
I would supervise them--they would not be trusted on their own. And yard work--good old grunt work, does wonders for building character. Many lessons learned that way.

Snark

Mutts to you
I would like to say I feel sick to my stomach watching just a few minutes of that :(

And that's just wrong... no one should have to have that mentality about their job (unless they're in law enforcement). Those 'sharks' should be expelled and their parents fined.

I believe someone asked the bus monitor why she didn't report their behavior and her response was, 'What good would it do?' Unfortunately, some school districts will cave to parents who insist their little angels are misunderstood and so do nothing to back up their employees, rather than risk being sued.

There was also a comment from a former teacher, who had a boy charge her in the classroom and felt herself to be in danger. She evaded him and left the classroom, went to the principal and reported the incident. The principal talked to the students and concluded the kid probably wouldn't have hurt the teacher. When she responded she wouldn't return to the classroom unless the boy was removed, she was asked to turn in her letter of resignation.

Grab

Most schools, as far as I know, have rules on what you can and cannot do. Many times, teachers, etc can not yell or raise voices at the precious snowflakes. They can take names down and report them, certainly. But I'm betting that the parents of the kids would have had something to say if they'd seen their kids being spoken harshly to..however deserved. Parents of heathens tend to be the loudest protesters.

Saying she should not be a bus monitor because some children were being heathens is ridiculous. Firstly, we don't know if she's usually on a bus with younger children. But, even if she weren't, I don't think verbal abuse should just be expected and accepted because you are working with teenagers. If someone worked an office job and their boss or coworkers flung vile words at them and that they hoped their child killed themselves, the suggestion would probably be reporting the coworkers. I doubt anyone would say 'well, you should expect it, shouldn't have that office job'

ACooper

Nobody.........LEAST OF ALL ME said or even implied verbal abuse should be accepted. If that is what you took from my post, I believe you should reread it. The point to me saying she should not be a bus monitor is plain in the video. She can not handle the job. If you can't handle the responsibilities of ANY job, you should not do said job.

It's one thing if she (the supposed adult in charge) is taking the abuse.........imagine if she allows these kids to abuse another child IN HER CARE. I can tell you if she allowed those kids to treat MY child in that manner it would be on like Donkey Kong.......I don't care if she claimed she couldn't handle them or not. I would expect her to answer for it. The parents of those little heathens aren't around, but SHE IS and she's supposed to be IN CHARGE.

Now, again I say nobody should have to go through that. I don't care if you're 8 or 80 it's horrid. I'm not saying it's her fault.........those boys are disgusting and should definitely have a very serious punishment.

What I am saying, and will continue to say is that particular lady is NOT equipped to do the job. Period.

Grab

But, who is to say that she wouldn't stop them from harassing another child? That she didn't do anything while they spoke that way to her does not mean she'd keep her mouth shut while they did the same to a child.

Grab

As an example, I deal with some absolute ass clients. We have to put up with their jerkiness and rudeness. Bigoted client? Ignore the comments. Walk to the back like you own the place? Let me just take your dog for you. However, I'd step in if they were nasty to their pet.

Members online

No members online now.