I guess we're as ready as we'll be

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Auggie nailed everything I asked of him, and all at once today too, LOL. Heeling was good (though still not as tight as I'd like but I'm just lost on that one) and he did his one minute sit and three minute down wonderfully, even with his new birthday toys sitting right within reach. He SNIFFED in the general direction of his new sheep toy, but did not actually move... nope.

Stand for exam is still the big question mark, but there's very little I can do on that one... try my hardest to really reinforce him not budging a single foot and hope that it translates to include a stranger coming up and putting their hands on him? God forbid he wag his tail and break his stay to walk right up to the judge as she approaches... *facepalm*

I just have to cross my fingers and hope he behaves well for me this weekend. Perhaps with yesterday having been his fifth birthday, the switch for "no longer being a brat" has magically and instantly been flipped.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA God I'm hilarious.

MPP

petperson
I just have to cross my fingers and hope he behaves well for me this weekend. Perhaps with yesterday having been his fifth birthday, the switch for "no longer being a brat" has magically and instantly been flipped.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA God I'm hilarious.
Um. I wouldn't count on it! :rofl1:

Maura

Good luck. I've never done this, but I read it in a book. You put the dog on a large keg or can, suited to the size of the dog. The dog has to stand perfectly still in order to keep his balance. Think of a circus act. Like I said, I've never done it, but if I did I take it in about three different steps, using praise and treats and working up to longer and longer duration.

What has happened? I'm sure everything turned out fine :) I loved the part where you said a magical brat switch has been turned off. :D :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Fingers crossed. 5 is a good year for dogs I think. Auggie will do fine.

Members online

No members online now.