"You should get a muzzle if you don't trust him"

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Walking Xena this morning. As I'm going along the front of the school, I see a lady getting out of her car and heading toward the school entrance. She was dressed nicely and I thought for sure that she wasn't interested in "meeting" Xena. So I stopped, shortened the leash, put her in a sit and let the lady pass. As she was going by, she said, "You should get a muzzle if you don't trust him out in public." WTF? One of the few times in my life where I was just dumbfounded and didn't know what to say. First, Xena wasn't doing anything. She was just sitting there being a good girl. Normally, she's a bit of a jumper but there is not an aggressive bone in her body that I've seen. She is happy to meet you no matter what. In this case, the only thing she was guilty of was WWB (walking while brindle). Perhaps she thought that "he" was an evil pit bull :rolleyes:

On second thought, though, a muzzle might not be a bad idea. Would save me from all of the licks and slobber she she loves to bestow on me.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I wish I could afford to keep an assortment of muzzles with me -- to hand out to people who need to be muzzled.
Not a bad idea. This lady sure could have used one. Perhaps just a roll of duct tape would work. I can attach it to the leash right by the poop patrol bag dispenser.

Paige

Let it be
I actually wouldn't mind everyone's dog's having to be muzzled. It's not the law over here for Pitties to be muzzled, but it is in other parts of Canada. If thats the case I think we should be strapping muzzled on all dogs, not just the "scary" ones.

Im a cheeky bugger and would have offered her a muzzle. That or made obnoxious snarling noises until she went away. :p

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I guess she is kind of scary :rofl1:

"I keel you"

Paige

Let it be
Bandit made a man and a woman cry last month when I had him in town. They both didn't notice us walking up behind them. Bandit didn't even look at them, but when he came into their eye sight they jumped sixteen feet in the air and backwards, screamed, and the water works started. That was a WTF moment. But I guess most dogs out and about downtown are pretty small so he did look like a giant.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Most people are pleased when you walk to the side to let them pass.

I bet she was a PTA mom. :rofl1:

MPP

petperson
What IS it lately with the rash of snide, nasty, unprovoked remarks people seem impelled to spew? What ever happened to the if-you-can't-say-something-nice-etc. attitude parents used to instill in children, which stayed with most people right into old age? Why are so many people oblivious to the fact that they hurt people's feeling with their unpleasantness?

I really do blame (in part) social networking. When every least little wisp of thought must immediately be shared with the world, looks as if social censors crumble and blow away.

filarotten

Fila the love
I would have probably said, is your bite as mean as your bark? You need the muzzle.

She was probably the principle or school counselor. And, we wonder what is wrong with kids today?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
She was probably the principle or school counselor. And, we wonder what is wrong with kids today?
Definitely not the principal or a guidance counselor. My oldest went there and I didn't recognize her at all.

It was a very weird experience. Sure, if Xena had jumped at her, growled or whatever that's one thing, but jeez, she was literally just sitting there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ACooper

Yet another instance of "dammed if you do, dammed if you don't" *sigh* I'm quite sure she would have had something nasty to say if you'd kept walking xena right up to her as well.

As for the photos, yes, the last one was extremely terrifying........that smile on her face tells me she has a diabolical plan for which I don't stand a snowball's chance :eek:

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
She is diabolical, that's for sure. She was beating me senseless yesterday with her stuffed dragon. The kids thought it was great that every time she hit me with it, it would squeak.

Doberluv

Oh wow! People are insane! Yeah....you should have told her that tomorrow you'll bring a muzzle for HER! Where's that pukey gif when you want it?

Off topic - (Hey Eddie...This story of this annoying nut job just made me think of this, actually might cause me to drink more. I just used your shot glass last night that you sent me...I hardly ever drink, but I had some mint so I made a Mojito! Yum....Your attractive shot glass measured everything perfectly. Thanks again!);)

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Oh Gosh. Is this what I have to look forawrd too when I will be walking my big, scary looking Bouvier?

People are just insane. Because you know Eddie having Xena in a nice sit, stay means you have not control what-so-ever on her. ACK!

milos_mommy

....maybe if you don't ask your dog to sit while people go past if they jump or sniff or approach them, you should. I bet if you let Xena sniff her she would have complained, too.

You can't win, really.

Members online