How did your dog react?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talon is a very outgoing puppy. When we first got him he ran straight up to all of our other dogs without even flinching. He is not afraid of different floor types or plastic bags or balloons or anything like that so far.

However, we found out that he is terrified of dogs barking. He will run and cry and try to find a place to hide at all costs. So now I'm worried about the socialization classes we are going to be going to with him. There are obviously going to be other excited puppies and dogs barking.

I started playing video's online of dogs barking and rewarding him for each bark, but now I'm nervous about the class!

How did your dog react to barking dogs? did they get over it or did you do something to help it along?

From the very first, Kharma gave them The Baleful Glare, lol. It usually brought silence :rofl1:

Bimmer was curious, usually benignly.

Tallulah . . . It turns into a conversation that gets increasingly excited. :eek:

Shiva tended to either be curious, want to play, or look at them (if it was an aggressive barking) with her "you're just a big meanie" face, then sit on my foot and put her body between me and the barking dog and look up at me like, "am I doing okay?" <3

The classes will probably do Talon a lot of good, especially on building his self-confidence :)

monkeys23

Lily is curious and alert.

Scout is scared. And thanks to the many irresponsible owners we've been lucky enough to encounter she will now bark back or bark first depending on the situation, like if she's startled or the dog is just really rude and has her cornered to her perception. Thanks irresponsible dog owners in my city! :rolleyes:

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Quinn looks at barking dogs like they're an embarrassment to the species. She wishes she could go correct them and yell at them for being so uncivilized.

Members online