Barking during training

Lucas

Hey guys, having a problem with my now 4 month old Lab/Border Collie, whenever we have a little training session she has no patience, doing the tasks she already knows isn't a problem, but when training something new she will start barking, she's probably just getting frustrated and telling me to give her the treats right now !!! hehe.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, I figure she will grow out of it, but i'm not about to wait till she's one year old before i can continue training.

Lucas

LOL! Just keep training her. You're right, she's not sure what you want and she's telling you about it - and telling you she wants those treats. A good command to start teaching her is "Quiet." My Bear understood what a "house voice" was. I'd tell him "house voice" and he would literally bark in a whisper! Bimmer does a silent bark; he opens his mouth and goes through the motions of barking, but doesn't make any sound! I can't claim to have taught him that, lol, he came up with it on his own, just like sitting down when I asked him "where are your manners?"

Just keep up working with her and it will get easier - and quieter! :D

dogsrmylife86

Allison&Ginger
i agree with renne but, another possibitly is just being anxious and excited. along with being confused!

allison

Lucas

oh she's anxious and excited, its a combination of crazyness hehe, she's a good dog, hopefully I can tunnel this dogs energy, she'll be a champion.

Members online