52 weeks group?

SaraB

Anyone doing a 52 weeks group this year? Either general photography or dog related? I would really like to join one and actually commit to it this year, but not sure if we are doing an exclusive chazhound one or not.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
If we do a Chaz one I'll participate when I can, though I'll probably miss some weeks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'd be up for doing one so long as the themes aren't things like "nose" and "paws" and "ears" and "tail" - something broader and up for interpretation is more intriguing...

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I would definitely be interested in doing a photography one! I'm sure I'll miss some weeks but I need some motivation to continue taking pictures, and that would help.

I like the TrickOTW too :) If it continues into 2014 I think I'd like to participate!

I'm in for a photo one. I'd love to do a photo challenge of any type, but since I'm always photographing the girls a dog themed one would be a lot easier.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I'd be up for one! I'm doing 52 weeks for dogs on Flickr and would love to participate in another :)

Snark

Mutts to you
I'd like a photography one...

Maybe we could do something similar to a photo forum I was on a few years ago. They had an informal Daily Challenge (we could change it to a weekly challenge). The first person (or we could take a poll on subject/theme and someone volunteer to judge the first week) suggests the theme, then judges the entries at the end of that week. The 'winner' of that week suggests the next subject/theme for the following week, judges the entries and picks the next 'winner', who chooses the next theme, and so on and so forth.

There were usually six to eight 'places' awarded, with the judge giving a brief critique for each place. Some added 'Honorable Mentions', as well, if there were enough photos entered.

Something like this would take the onus off one person having to come up with 52 things to do for the rest of us... Theme/subjects ranged from basic photography techniques (low-light, perspective, panning shots, etc) to whatever the judge wanted (stacks of things, contrasting colors, unusual perspectives, old things, food, etc.) The only requirement was that the photos had to be taken during the 'contest' week, no old photos allowed, and one entry per person. (Some people did post their other photos but made sure to mark them as not part of the contest).

SaraB

I'd like a photography one...

Maybe we could do something similar to a photo forum I was on a few years ago. They had an informal Daily Challenge (we could change it to a weekly challenge). The first person (or we could take a poll on subject/theme and someone volunteer to judge the first week) suggests the theme, then judges the entries at the end of that week. The 'winner' of that week suggests the next subject/theme for the following week, judges the entries and picks the next 'winner', who chooses the next theme, and so on and so forth.

There were usually six to eight 'places' awarded, with the judge giving a brief critique for each place. Some added 'Honorable Mentions', as well, if there were enough photos entered.

Something like this would take the onus off one person having to come up with 52 things to do for the rest of us... Theme/subjects ranged from basic photography techniques (low-light, perspective, panning shots, etc) to whatever the judge wanted (stacks of things, contrasting colors, unusual perspectives, old things, food, etc.) The only requirement was that the photos had to be taken during the 'contest' week, no old photos allowed, and one entry per person. (Some people did post their other photos but made sure to mark them as not part of the contest).
I really like the first idea! I know that I don't want to run whatever we end up doing, just because I tend to forget to post things and I have failed at being in charge of a 52 week group before. So ya.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'd love to do a photography one. A trick one, too, but Fable is still recovering so until she's better I'm limiting any stress on her.
I think Snark's idea is a good one, but on the other hand I personally feel having it be a contest takes some of the fun out of it for me. I'd still participate, JMHO.

joce

I'd like to do it but still don't know how to get photos from the phone to anywhere but Facebook :eek:

Snark

Mutts to you
It's not really a contest... it's a challenge, all based on one person's idea for that day (or week) and how well (or creatively) people interpret that idea. The decision is based on whatever captures the judge-for-the-week's attention. The only prize is getting to choose the next subject and decide which photo you like at the end of the week.

What if we do a 12 month thing, instead of a 52 week thing? I am picturing in my head that everyone throws out theme ideas (maybe month specific?), everyone votes and the top themes get it?

Members online