Now Maggie has diarrhea too.

She was up and down like 4-5 times last night (as was I, to let her out.*yawn*) Luckily Caesar's vet appointment is today and I was able to squeeze her in then too. I think it's either because she snuck some of his Eukanuba last night and it's not agreeing with her, or there's this flavored rawhide that's kinda smelly they she was chewing on last night, Caesar had one of those on Saturday night. I dunno. I don't think she caught it directly from him since it's 3 days in between. Dunno tho.

Do you think I should go ahead and give her one of Caesar's metronidazole since she has an appointment this afternoon anyway and will probably be getting more?

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I would not and just wait to see what vet says.
Did ER vet say if Caeser had any stomach bugs or anything?

Not really. They said his normal flora was a tad overgrown but otherwise ok. But the penicillin injection and metronidazole helped almost immediately.

Yup, they did a butt swab and they took a fecal sample after he pooped. I don't know which one is considered a "fecal" but they did both.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
NO i do not think you should without a Doc saying so. Call them and ask if you can.

Members online

No members online now.