I have a baby Leopard

skyeboxer

Tortoise that is...

Her/his name is Safari. And here she is:

That is her having breakfast on a saucer so you can see how small she is.

And a pic of her cute little derriere:

Anybody else here have torts? I am new to them so have lots to learn.

skyeboxer

Thank you all so much. Apparently you can't really tell gender till they are 5 or 6 years old but she looks like a girl, don't you think? I have never paid so much attention to plants and flowers in my life as these little guys eat grasses, leaves and flowers - fruit is not so good for them. Luckily where I live I just have to walk out my front foor to get some of the basics but the list of edible plants is long and my plant knowledge is short so not only am I learning all about this lovely little creature, I am becoming a dab hand at identifying plant species.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, she's adorable! I love her! :) Her appearance is so unique and beautiful.

Grow her some prickly pear cactus....she will love you for it. The fruits of the cactus are good for them, and they love it! I used to snag a couple of the "pear" fruits off of the gigantic cactus at my grandmothers every time we'd go for a visit and the land turtles loved me for it.

I don't want to give you the whole speech on tortoise care if you already know the basics (they can't swim, they are herbivores, they need plenty of UVB, etc)...but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to try to help, and if I can't, I can point you in the right direction.

:)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
what a neat little critter!! I would be afraid to have one--not knowing how to properly care for it. I hope all goes well for you!

Members online

No members online now.