Stride Regulator

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
My friend is using a Stride Regulator to teach a running contact to her Bichon after attending a running contact seminar. I have never seen or heard about this until just the other day.

We also do running contacts and it's nice to know of other methods in case the need ever arises (blowing contacts making me think of Lincoln and Charlie :rofl1:). I was just curious if anyone else has seen it?

CaliTerp07

We use it for a few dogs (out of 100+ who train there). It's used for the dogs who refuse to actually leap over the top of the frame. Most dogs don't need the extra help.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I used jump bumps as regulators with Z to get her striding fully into the yellow on the A frame mostly, some on the dog walk, too. Worked pretty well for us!

adojrts

Yep, been using them for about 10 yrs now :) Also used for max speed and the fastest frames possible. Petie's frame at 6'3" when he was younger was 1.24 -1.48 secs on an ave. :) He did the frame in 3 strides (still does actually).

Aleron

I'm not all that familiar with this method, although I remember reading about it in CR years ago. No one I know of here trains RCs AFAIK. I'd like to train Savvy to do them but haven't started yet.

What method do you use Merico? Do yoiu know there is a RC website?

http://www.running-contacts.com/rcblog/

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I use the "run down to the bottom or get beat" method. :rofl1:
But really, I've not had to do anything special to teach two so far a running contact, just the good ol' c/t.

Members online

No members online now.