Roxy and Spud... MY guard Dogs

Ash47

Taco Dog
I don't know if they are just compensating for their size or what...

Ok, we(me, fiance, parents, brother, and sister) live on the same property as my grandparents who own Butthead the AmStaffie. Now, combined with Precious the half-Chow, you would think that would be all it took to scare an intruder off! But what happens when a stranger walks onto the property? Precious and Butthead proceed to roll onto their backs so that the stranger will give them a good belly rub. This is where Roxy Mae and Spud come into the picture. We can't get them to be quiet and calm down if they see or even hear anything even remotely suspicious. Now, we don't mind it, because at least two of the four dogs we have will warn us if something goes awry. But they are making the big girls look like scaredy cats! :rolleyes: Does this happen with anyone else? I just get a good laugh seeing a 70 pound Staffie roll over beside a 50 pound Lab*Chow while the 15 pound Peke-Shih and the 6 pound Chihuahua are going bonkers :p

bogolove

LOL! That is so funny! I have a picture in my head of this happening and I am sure it is not nearly as funny as seeing it in person!

avenlee

LMAO sooo funny. I tell ya, the smaller they are the more attitude you get! Nora sounds like a guard dog at times. Big dog in a little package. hehehe, I'm still chuckling as I'm typing.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Oh yes. They don't have mirrors, therefore they don't know how scary they do or do not look. What is really funny, is when I have Spud all foo-fooed up with his hair styled with a bow in it and a bandanna tied around his neck, and there he sits barking and going all crazy when he thinks something isn't right. Ahhh Just gotta love them dogs :)

avenlee

hehehe, I hear ya. One night my auto garage door didn't close all the way because of one of the kids toys in the way and was blinking the light and I didn't realize it. Well, the police was making rounds and knocked at the door to let me know or to make sure everything was all right. Nora went into her crazy bark mode. I answered the door, thanked them and fixed the problem and they replied "We heard your guard dog there" LOL I just said "Yeah, she likes to think she is" LOL still chuckling :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Hahaha! That's cute!! :D Bless them! It's the thought that counts you know! ;)

It used to be a hoot at our house when someone came to the door. Purdue (GSD) would go to the door and stand there and look at them without moving a muscle, but you'd hear all of this ferocious barking and snarling going on. The look on people's faces was too, too funny! The bottom third of the screen door was solid, so they couldn't see Mickey the Terrier standing literally underneath Purdue barking her lungs out.

avenlee

lol, Got to love them terriers! Stubborn as they are. Nora will even talk back to me! I'd tell her, 'Listen, my own kids (human} don't talk back to me like that, no way you will" and then she'll go pout for the rest of the night. :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
when i lived in the apartment complex we had 5 families using the same washer and dryer..so my time was about 3 am..i was folding clothes and somehow fell asleep on the floor next to them (not an uncommon occurance) waiting for the machine to finish downstairs. I woke up to see a man sitting in my rocking chair smoking a cigerette and looking at a magazine..when i woke up i said the stupidest thing..i said can i help u??? The guy jumped up and ran out the door...i turned to daddy bin who was sitting there with his head cocked and told him he was about worthless as a guard dog..the guy must of had the wrong apartment..i think he ran upstairs..and by the smell of him..he had one to many drinks on the way home...

Members online

No members online now.