The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I worked under a groomer for a summer when I was in HS for summer money & learned to do "basic cuts" like your Lucy & most bichons have & even some poodles have.

I not cut all my own dogs so I can do it how I want but you are nicer then me ... If I would have gotten that reaction I would have just scooped my dog up & taken her somewhere else.
I wish we would have just walked out! I never have it in me to do that. Actually, my first clue should have been when I gave the front desk guy her leash, Lucy put the brakes on and didn't want to go with him, so he proceeded to literally drag her across the floor... she is a 10lb dog, seriously can't you just carry her instead.... :eek:

It would be sooo much easier if I had any idea how to groom a dog!

This is why I bought my own stuff, I want Bristol in the pantaloon cut, with a top knot, not shaved down liked 99.09999% of other Shih tzus! And diesel, well diesel every time he was groomed they shaved him naked.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Ugh I had a job doing that & I would rather be hung from a tree on horse back then do that kind of work again ... I really respect those who can, it's not an easy job.
I've done it before and it wasn't any big deal. I like that I don't have to talk to anyone and as long as I work hard and do my job there's no drama. Plus I'm hoping for a night shift so I can be with my kids in the day.

The job market is so saturated with people right now though. I've had tons of jobs in the past doing nanny jobs and working in daycares and preschools. They didn't require any degrees before. Now daycares are asking for you to have a 2 year ECE degree, along with a boat load of other certs for a minimum wage job. I have all the other certs. I am NOT paying for another two years of school so I can get a minimum wage job. Lame.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've done it before and it wasn't any big deal. I like that I don't have to talk to anyone and as long as I work hard and do my job there's no drama. Plus I'm hoping for a night shift so I can be with my kids in the day.

The job market is so saturated with people right now though. I've had tons of jobs in the past doing nanny jobs and working in daycares and preschools. They didn't require any degrees before. Now daycares are asking for you to have a 2 year ECE degree, along with a boat load of other certs for a minimum wage job. I have all the other certs. I am NOT paying for another two years of school so I can get a minimum wage job. Lame.
It is really tough out there. =< My mom has her ECE degree but she got it eons ago and did daycare in her home for over 20 years. Is that a possibility for you? My mom liked it because it let her work with kids and let her be home with her OWN kids too. You might look into it? It doesn't pay big bucks but it might do the job. If you have some kind of childcare resource service around you, try and get hooked up - they'll forward people your way if you have openings and everything. And if you have other certs you can probably be a licensed provider (what my mom was) and that is a perk for potential families...

Romy

Taxiderpy
It is really tough out there. =< My mom has her ECE degree but she got it eons ago and did daycare in her home for over 20 years. Is that a possibility for you? My mom liked it because it let her work with kids and let her be home with her OWN kids too. You might look into it? It doesn't pay big bucks but it might do the job. If you have some kind of childcare resource service around you, try and get hooked up - they'll forward people your way if you have openings and everything. And if you have other certs you can probably be a licensed provider (what my mom was) and that is a perk for potential families...
It's a good idea, sadly our state has draconian licensing requirements. :( Plus I'm living with my parents right now. They might be open to one or two kids as a nanny situation, but probably no more than that. Looking into families that want a nanny in their home because I've done a lot of that, but it seems like every stay at home mom in the area is desperate for a job like that and is way undercutting everyone (like charging $25 for a full 10 hour day).

I worked for a lady that had an in home daycare and one of the rules is you have to have a 5 foot fence all around the play yard. Well, the inspector dropped in one fall morning. The kids were playing outside and making a leaf pile in the corner to jump in. So she measured the fence height all the way around and when she came to the leaf pile it came up 4 and a half feet. My boss got a $2000 fine. :eek: She got hit with two other ridiculous things during that visit for a total of $6000. She appealed, they said no, and it nearly put her out of business. That's when she decided to sell her house, move to India, and do relief work with orphans instead.

When I get my own house/property, I plan to open a very small dog boarding facility (like 10 or less dogs). The liability is so much lower if someone gets injured, insurance is way less, licensing requirements are a lot less strict, and if you're charging $25 or so per night that's $250 a day with a full kennel. Plus my kids could still be at home with me.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I let Whiskey sleep with me last night. He spent a good part of the night randomly kneading me with his paws and now I actually have a couple bruises from then since I wouldn't wake up right away when he'd start doing it. He also would randomly start rubbing his head on my face when I was trying to sleep.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
If you send me an email at work that just says, "4 MONTH OLD MALTIPOO NAMED CODY," I don't really know what to write back, or what the hell you're talking about. Do you need info? Are you interested in one of our services, or are you simply shouting the name, age, and "breed" of your dog via the internet?

Idiot.

God I'm crabby today... and it's only 9:30 am. Sigh.

SpringerLover

I am trying to get Buzz's APDT registration "converted" to the Cynosport thinger but the site is giving me flack. I may or may not bring him to the trial... but I want to at least have the option!

DJEtzel

I have so much to do today and I don't want to do any of it!

Exchanging a shirt, mailing 5 orders, buying fleece, buy dog food AND pick up a prescription. UGh.

All in four hours? I don't wanna.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Maybe Cody sent the email and it's all he knows, like a toddler who can just repeat their name and phone number?
LMFAO. You know, that's the only situation in which that email is excusable. I'm gonna go with it to preserve my sanity.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I let Whiskey sleep with me last night. He spent a good part of the night randomly kneading me with his paws and now I actually have a couple bruises from then since I wouldn't wake up right away when he'd start doing it. He also would randomly start rubbing his head on my face when I was trying to sleep.
Once he settles in he will probably stop. He didn't do that here usually, just curled up and went to sleep.

Since he doesn't feel well, maybe he's kneading for stress/relief?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I just sliced my finger open on a lego block. Lol seriously, how stupid does one have to be to do that? Don't answer that :p

houlahoops

Aw man. I was brushing my teeth this morning and my toothbrush started to roll away. I quickly tried to grab it and I bashed my head open on the sink instead. I have an exam tomorrow and now I'm footing an ER bill because I don't have insurance yet. Boo.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Without going into the boring details, because of our software, we made a very minor in processing someone's payment at work. I readily offered to void the transaction and correct it, and she cheerfully declined and opted to keep what we owed her on her account for later.

2 hours later, she sends an indignant email demanding to know why we weren't more careful, and blah blah blah this list goes on. To explain more I'd have to go into the horrifying details of our crappy kennel management software. It's sufficient to say that it was an innocent and very minor mistake which the owner declined to have corrected and then got all pissy about hours later in an email.

I started to email her back but decided I was too pissed to do a good job, so my boss gave her the old "We're sorry you feel that way" business and reminded her that I did offer to correct the mistake and asked why she declined.

I'm not even like... in trouble, or anything, I'm just irritated that somebody would do something so... dumb. LOL

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hate being the only tech in back. On a Monday.

Also was practically in tears this morning bringing Lucy to work with me for her dental. I just hate putting her through all this unnecessary crap just because I was a dumb teenager and didn't take good care of her teeth.

Members online

No members online now.