She had another seizure

T

tessa_s212

Title says it. Another one. This is the third one since May. :( I'm not sure what is making them occur so often. They came on, it seemed, with the heat just as they always do. She hardly ever has seizures in the winter, and went all winter long without a single one. She had a cluster seizure in mid to late June, and another today.

I'm having my mom start to feed her twice a day to keep her blood glucose levels hopefully more stable. She almost always has seizures in the evenings before being fed, and it is a long time inbetween feedings.

My mom is awful about timing them, so I never know how long they last to know if they are getting increasingly longer or more severe. She said she'd try harder to keep track of the length, but she always gets so worried and forgets to look at the clock because she's too busy trying to comfort Cocoa. I try to explain to her Cocoa won't know the difference no matter, but I know how she feels. I always want to be there comforting her too.

I've been awful about keeping a record in the past. When I tried, in the winters when she never had any, the papers that I kept records on always seemed to be misplaced by summer. I have a record saved on my computer now starting with this summer. I just hope they don't keep getting closer together. I kept her off drugs for 9 years.. I'd hate to start her on pheno now. It'd be expensive, and I don't think I could afford the drug monitoring panel every 6 months. :(

elegy

overdogged
if you're interested in a seizure-specific discussion group, the people on the epil-k9 mailing list are wonderful, resourceful, experienced, and very very kind.

T

tessa_s212

Thanks Elegy. :) I think I tried becoming a member of that email group before,.. but email groups are just so confusing. I wish they had an actual forum. I'll try and understand and participate again, but all the commands and specific email addresses you must send to gets my brain all mixed up.

I hope you can get that group Elegy recommended figured out, Tessa. Having the input and support of people who have experience with the same problem is a great resource.

iluvdogs

Awww..I am sorry ~ hugs ~

I know this is not a good story and I hope this never happens but my moms old dog had a seizure and never came out of it !!

Its sooo hard to watch !! :(

Members online

No members online now.